Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
T

• 

10 Messages

Friday, November 20th, 2020 9:28 PM

New fiber installation, gateway resetting multiple times a day

Good afternoon everyone. I recently had fiber installed along with the BGW320 gateway and have been experiencing nothing but problems. My entire network is dropping out multiple times a day and all devices lose connection. The majority of my devices are connected through ethernet. My gateway is connected to an unmanaged switch (where all my devices are connected) and at any time during heavy use the entire network goes down and I get the following message from the AT&T gateway:

Broadband service is not available (Message ID: NAD-3302)

The AT&T BGW320-500 device could not connect to your Broadband service.

I've powered cycled the gateway multiple times, ensured it's connected to a good power outlet, power cycled my entire network, disabled IPv6 on the gateway settings and nothing has worked. Looking through the logs on the gateway doesn't really present me with anything worth mentioning. 

I work from home so this is incredibly frustrating! This forum has its fair share of horror stories and I'm starting to think I made a mistake ever giving AT&T a chance. 

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

3 years ago

What brand and model switch is it?

login to your online account, internet and support. Internet equipment help. The system should check your line. If it finds a problem it should schedule a tech visit.

If no line problems, Try a different switch. An unmanaged one first. If that doesn’t solve the problem, try a managed switch. 

Former Employee

• 

22.1K Messages

3 years ago

The 320 is both the ONT and the gateway?

No separate ONT?

A low light level would produce an alarm status knocking the gateway out of service... can be checked when have two separate device ONT and GATEWAY instead of all in one unit. 

If still have the installers number call or message the tech and ask for a light level reading from an LPA test. The number is in minus db such as -18.4db is better than -21.5db which is better than -24db.

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

It’s a TP-Link 24 port gigabit switch that’s worked perfectly fine up until yesterday when I switched my Spectrum service over to AT&T. There’s no doubt in my mind that the issue is with AT&T. I’ve checked my logs again and I’m seeing random DoS attacks originating from something that looks like a MAC address, a ton of discarded packets and UDP errors (not at home at the moment to post specifics).

I ended up calling tech support and the automated system ran tests and ultimately decided a tech visit was necessary. Really disappointed that AT&T can’t have an install that works for 24 hours. The technician who did the install doesn’t answer, the manager who came into my home to try and sell me other nonsense won’t return calls or texts either. 

Talk about a complete lack of customer service. 

Former Employee

• 

22.1K Messages

3 years ago

The tech may be off...

Techs generally are scheduled 5 days a week, sometimes 6.

On their OFF day they should not have access to any company equipment thus returning calls or texts would not be possible until return to work.

In addition to scheduled off days could also be vacation time, personal day, or sick time. With Thanksgiving and the upcoming holidays many take this time of year off, mostly hunters in my experience but the COVID has seen many being off for 3 or more days... some even the 14 days quarantine when they or a family member tests positive. 

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

I believe it has a separate ONT as there is only one wire (outside of the power cord) going into the gateway through the SFP port. I’m not home to take a photo but the tech did install a small box on the wall with wire spooled inside it; this is where the wire that goes into the SFP port comes from. 

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

3 years ago

Like this?

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

Yup like that one there. 

Former Employee

• 

22.1K Messages

3 years ago

Then the 320 is also the ONT.... not separate.... 

If separate would have one of these...

Learn About Battery Backup - Digital Phone Support

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

Good to know...but not sure how that helps with my issues. I just got home and did a factory reset on the gateway and I’m monitoring the logs. All I’m seeing are a bunch of “Generic Discards” entries. Over a hundred of those within 5 minutes of uptime. 

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

The gateway does give some values under the Fiber tab for things like temperature, VCC, Tx Bias, Tx Power and Rx power. Would any of those help?

And the line originates from a small “post” on my neighbors side near the side walk. For the time being the line is running on the floor waiting to be buried. 

Quick edit: I've noticed that the gateway logs show a bunch of "Invalid IP Packet" entries when the connection drops. And I've come to the conclusion that it only happens when I have one particular system on the network: a Windows 10 machine that connects to a VPN. When that particular machine is off or when it's on and not connected to the VPN, I SEEM to have a stable connection. I may be speaking too soon but I'll continue to monitor my connection, very odd if that's the issue.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.