Check out AT&T's Valentine's Day Gift Guide for ideas & deals on the new Samsung Galaxy S23!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
E

• 

9 Messages

Sunday, September 13th, 2020 9:34 PM

New AT&T BGW210-700 router/gateway - with Gigabit ethernet to house, but only 95 Mbs out of ethernet ports?

I have 1 Gigabit AT&T fiber to my house. Confirmed it is uploading and downloading to theBGW210-700 gateway at that speed. But speedtest connecting my laptop via ethernet cable to back to router ethernet jack is only 95 Mbs. I'm using a CAT6 brand new cable to connect to the laptop. My other desktop is getting the same speed off another ethernet port. How do I fix?

• 

9 Messages

2 years ago

To be clear on prior post-- there is a cable from the router to a wall plate (that cable is good); and then from the wall plate there is a cable that runs through the wall into the attic and to another room which I think may be the problem, and then terminates at a wall plate where I have a brand new, and tested cat 6 cable into the computer.

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

9.6K Messages

2 years ago

If you pull the wall plate does it have a connector that looks like this....

If so, there should be color-coded symbols next to where each wire connects.  I'm wondering if all 8 wires from the cable are connected and if they are, if both ends match the color coding?

• 

9 Messages

2 years ago

Its the one towards the front with the four wires, white, brown and dark brown with the blue sheath.  This was wired by an AT&T Uverse technician about 10 yrs ago when they installed digital phone service plus internet and Uverse TV. How many wires should be going into the jack? Also, I believe this signal coming from the fiber optic converter is the yellow sheathed set of wires in the background.

• 

9 Messages

2 years ago

thanks. Technician is coming over today. Thanks for this guidance.

• 

9 Messages

2 years ago

Problem solved. AT&T technician added in the complete set of wires to picture above and upload speed is now 600 Mbps, with download speed of 950 Mbps

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.