Mystery interface on Pace 5268AC
I have a question about a mysterious interface on my Pace 5268AC, namely what is it and why can I not see/control it?
Below is my setup and how I discovered the interface:
1. I have AT&T Fiber Internet (no phone or tv).
2. I run my own DNS (Bind9) and DHCPD (ISC) internally.
3. I have a Wifi router ethernet connected to the 5268AC (not Cascaded or DMZ+).
4. I have disabled all Wifi on the 5268AC (both 2.4 & 5 GHz).
I understand the 5268AC cannot be configured for bridge mode operation so I have the following setup on the 5268AC:
1. All Wifi disabled.
2. Custom internal network (192.168.5.0)
3. DHCP cannot be disabled on the 5268AC so the range is set to 192.168.5.1 - 192.168.5.1.
4. The 5268AC never assigns the 1 IP available.
I know that I could configure for DMZ+ but I like the idea of traffic passing through two firewalls before it gets to the inside network.
So after the above configuration I see there is an interface (host name "5268ac") requesting a DHCP IP address from my server. I cannot find anywhere in the 5268AC logs or other web pages the MAC address or name of this interface, nor what it is used for. I have denied IP assignment to the requesting MAC address with no noticable affect to my internal network. So, what is this mystery interface, what is it used for, and why can I not control it. I don't like unknown devices on my network!
Many thanks for your thoughts, comments, or guidance.