Our Community Forums will be closing on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
R

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, November 17th, 2021 12:48 AM

Closed

McAfee suite download error

I recently had ATT 300 Mbs fiber installed. I activated ActiveArmor within the modem.

I have tried many times to install McAfee Suite on Win 10 PC, get error message that "something went wrong...close page"

Questions:

1) With ActiveArmor, is McAfee or Norton needed on PC?

2)What is the issue with McAfee download?

Ken (Edited as per Community Guidelines)

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

Unable to Install AT T Internet Security Suite

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

3 years ago

I'm not a fan of any 3rd party security software on Win10.  The built in Windows Security is a match for any of these other suites and has the added advantage of not confusing Windows Updates resulting in a trashed Windows installation.

As far as the free McAfee on AT&T's site.....nobody seems to want to admit the issue.  AT&T blames McAfee and McAfee blames AT&T.  Someone from AT&T will likely pop in here to acknowledge the problem and say they're working on it.....except it's been broken for at least a year.  I don't think it's coming back and it's silly that AT&T would rather live with the shame instead of just removing the links.  But then again, as I said above, no big loss.

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I will try the Win Security. Thanks for the info. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.