Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Contributor

• 

14 Messages

Sun, Feb 23, 2020 9:05 PM

Is the AT&T-issued BGW210 router capable of handling 1gbps up/down transfer rates over WiFi?

Is the AT&T-issued BGW210 router capable of handling 1gbps up/down transfer rates over WiFi?

The device lists itself 802.11ac capable, a designation that can handle up to 7gbps up/down.

BUT according to numerous sources, both AT&T Techs and non-AT&T confirm it can only achieve approx half that speed.

My personal experience is the same: it only achieves half the advertised rate of 1gbps up/down.

Responses

SuperMario87

Employee

• 

236 Messages

a month ago

BGW210 has 802.11ac capability which translates in speeds from 433 Mbps to 1733 Mbps by using 4x4 MIMO on a 80 MHz channel. Now keep in mind than in order to get higher speed your device network card should support the same technology

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

14 Messages

3x3 MIMO on an 80 MHz channel -- latest MacOS operating system on 2019 machine that's rated at 802.11ac to handle up to 7gpbs. I'd be surprised if the max speed for that on AT&T 1Gbps service could not handle the full advertised rate. But we're only seeing half that.

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…