Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Apr 13, 2016 5:48 PM

Is it worth replacing the NVG599 and adding the asus AC5300

At first the gatway was perfect and then i realized that i wanted to seperate the 2ghz and 5ghz.

The signal stinks on the 5ghs and i constantly drop. Also my network keeps dropping randomly.

Is it worth getting and Asus AC5300 and setting it up at a dmz on the NVG599.

I stream a lot, play games and have a ton of devices connected wired and wireless.  Usually get around 300 up/down wired but wireless on an AC adapter it ranges.

Thanks

Responses

mibrnsurg

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

4 years ago

@PahTryk   On all Uverse RGs, IPv6 causes disconnects, rebooting and browsing problems.

Disable IPv6 in Moto/Arris RGs (510/589/599) info here:

https://forums.att.com/t5/Equipment/Slow-connection-using-Google-Facebook-and-certain-sites-after/m-p/3860323#M382

Good luck 😉

Edit:  Then can put the Asus in IP Passthrough:

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/17734

Don't worry about the warning about Uvoice, that's been fixed if it applies.  I think this one is easier than the one we have here.

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Appreciate the reply. I changed my settings, Would you say that upgrading the router to the Asus is worthwhile for better signal range/ performance compared to the stock gateway.

I was incorrect to the model and apprently have the Pace 5268AC

Thanks again

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

I have the AC5300 and it works well with other devices in the house but I cannot get it to connect  with the Genie - not sure why at this point - could be that the SMart Connect feature does not work or something elese ( MAC Filtering is disabled ). Be aware of this before you invest in the AC5300.