For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.
iPhone wifi slow on AT&T fiber
Looking for a solution to an issue with wifi on my home AT&T Fiber network 1000 Mbps. This only occurs with iPhones connected to the my home wifi. The majority of the time my iPhone X is very slow when connected to my home wifi (10 mbps or less). The exact same behavior occurs on my wife's iPhone X as well. Only if I disconnect and reconnect to the wifi via the phone directly or resetting the router does the connect start off fast for about 5 minutes or less. Does not matter what the signal strength is or where in the home the phone is located.
Other connected devices, such as my Macbook, TVs, Firestick, etc. do not get a slow connection. They get 200+ Mbps over wifi.
Connecting to other wifi spots that are not our home wifi the wifi works as expected and extremely well on the iPhones, which leads me to believe there is a setting / recognition from AT&T router or service that is specifically slowing the iPhone. Does anyone else have this problem?
- iPhone connects to the 5ghz band
- Tried manually specifying the DNS server to use, such as 18.104.22.168, on the iPhone
- Tried assigning IPV4 address to iPhone when it connects, rather than letting the router choose
- Changed channels of wifi and used AT&T mobile app to auto-optimize channel selection
- Reset of router does not resolve (ARRIS BGW210-700, Software version 1.8.18)
- When wifi is turned off on iPhone to disconnect from home wifi, LTE connects and is instantly faster