For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
TIMMYY's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, April 18th, 2017 2:20 PM

IP address on security DVR keeps changing to unknown one

My security DVR runs through my ATT gateway with ethernet. I get remote surveilence with my phone via an internet connection on the DVR. It has an assigned IP address that has worked for years until now. I program the IP into the DVR and in a short time the Gateway has changed it to something that does not work. I have programmed it several times both in static and DHCP and after a short while it reverts back to unknown IP that doesnt work. I went to myIPaddress.com and checked and the correct IP is liste as my security DVR. Need some help with this problem as I have been feeding the correct IP into it for weeks now but it keeps reverting back to the foreign IP. The strange IP is not even listed on myIPaddress.

Community Support

• 

231.5K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @TIMMYY,

The gateway is most likely still assigning a DHCP IP. You will want to assign a static IP that is outside of the DHCP pool. Another option to is to assign the IP from within the gateway so the IP does not change and assign the same IP on your security DVR. Let us know if you have any questions.

-ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

What do mean when saying within Gateway? Thank you for the response.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

What do mean when saying within Gateway? Thank you for the response.

Community Support

• 

231.5K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @TIMMYY

Login to your router/gateway using https://192.168.1.254 in your web browser. The view may vary depending on your router model. Once logged into router then click 'Home Network' tab=>Next 'IP Allocation=>then click 'Allocate'=>Then you can choose a private IP to assign to your specific device you are allocating the IP. This will tell the router to always assign that IP to a particular device and you can also set it in the device or just leave it configured to DHCP.

regards,

ATTU-verseCare

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.