Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
D

• 

2 Messages

Monday, September 21st, 2020 12:26 PM

Internet keeps dropping

Devesh times a day, the internet connection is lost for a few seconds. I have to disconnect and reconnect my wifi connection on my phone or computers if I want to connect immediately. Or wait a couple of minutes for everything to get back to normal. Very irritating, especially because I am working a lot from home. I have the to most 1gig fiber service! Anyone face this ? What's the fix? 

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

2 months ago

I hope the technician can resolve your issues.  It really depends on what your issues are.  If your issues are purely Wi-Fi speed, then the technician can likely do little to help you.  If your issues are line issues, then only the technician can make a difference.

Let us know how things are after your tech visit.

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

We had frequent WiFi drops on our AT&T router as well. It severely interfered with our ability to work from home as important VOIP calls and meetings would randomly get interrupted. I fixed it by grabbing an old Asus router I had still around, configuring it as AP and using it for WiFi access instead, disabling/renaming WiFi networks on the AT&T router.

• 

2 Messages

1 month ago

Don’t know if anyone still needs to hear this but this was happening to us because when they upgraded our service they did told us that we didn’t have to sign into a new network. Finally after over a month of it going in and out. I scanned the code on the back and connected to the network that was supposed to be our new one. No more issues. Really upset too because it seems like our old network that we were on even after we upgraded, is clogging up the router. As our internet isn’t reading what it should. Our “old” one read OVER what it was supposed to but was slow and dropped. Our “new” network reads a fraction of what it should but is like lightening compared to the old one.

so I’m enjoying my lightening fast 340mbps and not missing my laggy 500 mbps. 

I still feel like there are two networks fighting to survive through my router but I can’t seem to find anyone that even understands what I’m saying so they can help me get rid of the old network. 

• 

4 Messages

1 month ago

I also faced this type of situation in the past. Then I contact to the internet service provide. They fixed my issues within a very short period of time. 

dave006

Scholar

• 

3.6K Messages

1 month ago

@Cicd 

As our internet isn’t reading what it should. Our “old” one read OVER what it was supposed to but was slow and dropped. Our “new” network reads a fraction of what it should but is like lightening compared to the old one.

What AT&T Gateway do you currently have installed? Examples: BGW210-700, BGW320-50x or other?

I still feel like there are two networks fighting to survive through my router but I can’t seem to find anyone that even understands what I’m saying so they can help me get rid of the old network. 

That's easy to look up if you only have one AT&T Gateway and not the addition of a third-party Router also providing Wi-Fi service. Normally the newest AT&T Gateway unit are designed to have the same W-Fi SSID for both 2.4 GHz and 5GHz bands.

Wi-Fi is always going to be slower vs your Internet package of Fiber 1000 or Fiber 500 in almost all cases unless you have the very latest Wi-Fi Ethernet cards in your devices and are only connecting to devices within your home.            

A few specific details on your Fiber package and if your are using 1 or 2 different Wi-Fi SSIDs on different Wi-Fi bands to connect your different devices. There are pages in the Web UI of your AT&T Gateway that will show what bands: 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz are set for each SSID and what channels and what device compatibility is set: 802.11 a/b, a/b/c/d/n, 802.11an/ax, or 802.11ac/ax.

Again just need to know the model to find the correct Home Network Wi-Fi page to check your Wi-Fi setup.

Dave

• 

4 Messages

30 days ago

It looks so helpful with detail information. Though I don't have better experience with this type of situation. But anyway, thanks for your helpful reply. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.