Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
D

• 

2 Messages

Monday, September 21st, 2020 12:26 PM

Internet keeps dropping

Devesh times a day, the internet connection is lost for a few seconds. I have to disconnect and reconnect my wifi connection on my phone or computers if I want to connect immediately. Or wait a couple of minutes for everything to get back to normal. Very irritating, especially because I am working a lot from home. I have the to most 1gig fiber service! Anyone face this ? What's the fix? 

0TacocaT0

• 

30 Messages

5 months ago

Since you have fiber, 1000mbps, they should upgrade you to the white box.

When you drop, do all of your wifi connected boxes drop at the same time? Even those that are near the gateway?

And those devices not connected via WiFi stay up?

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

5 months ago

Since you have fiber, 1000mbps, they should upgrade you to the white box.

In your humble opinion maybe, but not under AT&T's policy.

The best solution to a Wi-Fi problem is to get your own, independent, Access Point/Mesh/Extender system and connect it to the AT&T Gateway and turn off the Gateway's Wi-Fi system.

• 

2 Messages

5 months ago

Absolutely, my stream box is 10 ft away from router and even my den smart tv  is 6 ft from extender.  Mostly it is my streaming service that gets interrupted, I have 4 ea. boxes for that.

I never heard of a "white box"(?)  Is that for gaming?

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

5 months ago

What he meant by the "white box" was the BGW320 Gateway, which has a white case, vs the BGW210 which has a black case. 

0TacocaT0

• 

30 Messages

5 months ago

@1SGvan  yes, sorry for not being more clear. BGW320 is what I meant. 

JefferMC brings up a good point to try.  

I personally don't like Extenders, and prefer a mesh system.   

If all wifi connected devvices drop at the same time, ask AT&T to test and see if they are getting errors on the ONT.  If so, even if it "paases" they may still have an issue that needs to be corrected.

Everything depends on the type of drop you are experiencing. 

(edited)

PGT96

• 

14 Messages

5 months ago

Posting here for another data point. My internet connection (not Wifi) has been dropping intermittently for a few minutes at a time nearly everyday for months if not longer. Unplugging/replunging the gateway (BGW210-700) and the fiber ONT box usually solved the problem until yesterday when I lost internet connection for hours. Now, the power&broadband lights are continuously blinking green and the phone light blinking red.

0TacocaT0

• 

30 Messages

5 months ago

What lights are are the white ONT box on the wall?  Is the alarm light on? The alarm light is the third one of the four.

It may also be stuck in a boot loop, trying to power up.

(edited)

• 

3 Messages

2 months ago

Never in my life have I had such crap internet. It goes up and down all day. I have done every test on the app and website.... So what do you purpose I do now outside of finding another internet company. I'm not talking about 1 or 2 nor even 4 or 5 times. Fix it or I am done 

(edited)

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

2 months ago

So what do you purpose I do now outside of finding another internet company.

You could start by telling us exactly what your symptoms are, and "every test on the app and website" that you ran and what the results of those tests were.

• 

3 Messages

2 months ago

I called the service center. They are sending a tech out cause something is wrong. I'm not getting upload or download spend I should be getting 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.