For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
D

• 

2 Messages

Monday, September 21st, 2020 12:26 PM

Closed

Internet keeps dropping

Devesh times a day, the internet connection is lost for a few seconds. I have to disconnect and reconnect my wifi connection on my phone or computers if I want to connect immediately. Or wait a couple of minutes for everything to get back to normal. Very irritating, especially because I am working a lot from home. I have the to most 1gig fiber service! Anyone face this ? What's the fix? 

• 

17 Messages

2 years ago

@Dsd99 its across many, many AT&T forums. Its sad because including my parents I've been a customer of theirs ever since they started doing business... I want to say my parents bought their first phone and internet back in the 90s with AT&T and we never had issues like this. 

• 

17 Messages

2 years ago

@jf9490 at least you have "1 choice" where I am at its either this flaky and rather terrible AT&T service, or significantly slower and heavily data-capped satellite internet which is much much more expensive. I have no problems with the speed AT&T offers me. While slow its "liveable" its the fact it drops 10-15 times a day at random times is what bothers me.

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

My 1 Gig connection started doing the random connection drops a couple of day back. I reset the gateway and now on top of the drops, I have significantly slow connection speeds. AT&T is shipping me a new gateway. I hope that will solve my issue.

• 

17 Messages

2 years ago

It likely won't solve the issue. Friends of mine have their fiber service and have the same issues. Just last year they replaced my gateway 3 times with 3 different models (2 referbished and 1 "new") and it hasn't resolved the issue.

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I should be getting my replacement gateway in the next hour or so. If it does not solve the problem, I'm going to switch out from AT&T. I cannot work with an unreliable service that drops every few minutes

• 

37 Messages

2 years ago

@neo2810 did the replacement gateway work?

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Hi jf9490, I replaced my old gateway with the new one last evening and it has been holding up fine so far. No connection or speed drops experienced so far.

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

@neo2810 What's the model of the new gateway?

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Both my old and replacement are BGW210-700

• 

30 Messages

2 years ago

I posted a new thread on a related issue here.  Seems like its generally the same thing many of you are facing.  Thanks.

https://forums.att.com/conversations/att-fiber-equipment/att-uverse-fiber-1000mbps-intermitant-wifi-drops-started-early-july/6306a7c24a366c200e4e8d37

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.