Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
dkellermeyer's profile

2 Messages

Thursday, April 18th, 2024 12:57 PM

Installation of BGW 320

ATT sent me a new portal, the BGW 320 to replace my previous portal, a BGW 210.  I have viewed the video for installation, and it doesn't seem to apply to my setup.  The ATT service box is not located within my home, it is in my garage and is 2 floors below where my portal sits.  My ATT service box does not have a "PON" light on it.  I'm not sure how to proceed with installation.  I am having a terrible time finding a human whom I can talk to about my situation.  AT&T goes to heroic efforts to prevent you from actually talking with a person.  Is there a special phone number or procedure for actually contacting a live human being at AT&T to answer my installation questions?

Accepted Solution

2 Messages

1 month ago

Thanks for your response.  Yes, my BGW210 does have a cable running to the RED ONT port.  I just downloaded some written instructions replacing my WiFi gateway and it appears  to confirm what you suggest...a port by port move of cables.  I will try it out. 

ACE - Expert

• 

35.6K Messages

1 month ago

Please explain your existing setup.  How is your BGW210 connected to the AT&T network?  Does it have a cable running into the RED port, which I think is labeled ONT?

If so, you should be able to do a port-to-port move of cables from the BGW210 to BGW320, with the warning that not every Ethernet device plays nicely with the BGW320, especially port on 1.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.