Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet

AT&T related help: AT&T Internet support

geoheo's profile

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, January 25th, 2023 6:24 PM

I can't return the equipment!

I cancelled the service on 12/29/2022 and I received an email with the equipment instruction through the Fedex or the UPS on 12/30/2022. Then, even before I even attempted to return, I received another email(actually 2 emails at the same time) that the equipment return was confirmed with the serial number matching my equipment. A few days later, I stopped by multiple UPS and Fedex stores but they couldn't find anything out of my account number. I visited local AT&T store and they said they can't accept it and they said I should just discard the equipment since I received a confirmation from AT&T. I called customer service twice and they said I should try to visit different stores. What is the next step ?

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

1 year ago

Crackin' system they've got going there.  If you do nothing chances are the next step months from now will be you trying to explain to a collection agency why you haven't returned the equipment.

I suspect calling the 800# will be a complete waste of time so I think filing an FCC complaint is your best bet.

Fill out the form HERE.

This will get the FCC to contact the AT&T Office of the President on your behalf.  Once the OoP people get the notice they should respond to it within 24 hrs (sometimes even on weekends) and they may be able to get this cleared up.  Once you submit, make sure you're ready to get a call from a number that isn't familiar.  If you miss it your chances of calling back and getting a successful result goes down.

Good luck!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.