Announcements
Ace Back to School with AT&T's A+ deals!
BrianYar's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Dec 18, 2018 10:51 AM

I am very concerned about unknown cables from AT&T (cablebox) outside my home

As to my knowledge we do not have any of AT&Ts services hooked up at our residence and my parents have said they never have since the 3 years we've been living here. Strangely there is an AT&T cable or Ethernet box bolted to back porch and has numerous cables leading from what looks like the power line and into the box, going underneath our house. Im concerned what exactly is it doing on our property, when was it hooked, and by who? It is not even close to being professionally installed that's for one thing Im certain about. Do I call the authorities or contact At&t customer service and email pictures or ask someone if an employee installed equipment at the wrong address!? A speedy response would be much appreciated. Thanks - Brian Yarborough 

Responses

tonydi

Guru

• 

1.5K Messages

3 y ago

Post some clear pictures, Brian.  I'm sure someone here will be able to identify the box. I can't ever remember any AT&T equipment having a "power line" connection, there's just no need for that.  Now, maybe you meant the line(s) going to the box originate at a telephone pole where your power is also attached.

Anyway, pictures will be your best bet as I seriously doubt AT&T is going to roll a truck to your home just to look at a box since you don't have any AT&T services in the first place.

Get started

Ask a question
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.