AT&T Holiday Deals & Gifts - Don't miss these holiday deals on the latest devices!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
bdgalloway's profile

• 

2 Messages

Sat, Sep 24, 2022 1:13 AM

How to power a BGW320-505 off of PoE++

I would like to power my new BGW320-505 off of POE++ (802.3bt).  I do not have backed up power in the garage at the demarc where the fiber terminates into the BGW320-505 but I do have it on the Ethernet switch inside.  POE++ should provide adequate power, so I believe the primary issue is adapting 12v power from the 802.3bt PoE splitter to the DC power connector on the BGW320-505.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

I was able to make this configuration work.  I purchased a

IPOE-173S Industrial Single-Port 10/100/1000Mbps 802.3bt PoE++ Splitter and another BGW320-505 power supply.  I cut off the power cable from the power supply and connected it to the splitter via the convenient screw terminal blocks on the splitter.  I used an AC-powered PoE++ injector at the connection to the router, where I have backed-up power.

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

30.3K Messages

2 months ago

That's a lot of power (45 Watts is what the BGW320 brick provides).  That plug appears designed to ensure you don't do anything other than use the brick provided.  I found a supplier for a UPS with cable, but the cable part number didn't check out (it was a 9 pin DIN and the other end would have been weird anyway).

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

30.3K Messages

2 months ago

I did the same thing with an ONT, but the ONT doesn't draw as much power as the BGW320.  Glad you were able to make it work.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.