Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
Darfishaan's profile

• 

3 Messages

Friday, August 26th, 2022 10:39 AM

How to keep your wifi secure?

I have done a good pakage but still my wifi remains slow all time. 

after 3 weaks I came to know that there are so many things were going on. 

My neighbours were stealing my connection.

I have made my connection very scure but still they manage to steal my passward. 

How make this connection secure?

ACE - Expert

• 

35.6K Messages

2 years ago

Lower the power level of your radio (in Home Network > Wi-Fi > Advanced Options) so that it doesn't reach their home. Change your password regularly.  

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

2 years ago

hmm are they just guessing your password? 

• 

18 Messages

2 years ago

What you're looking for is to enable MAC address filtering. It's a pain to setup (you have to figure out the MAC addresses for all your wireless (and wired I believe) devices and add them to an allowed list.

If the device isn't in the allowed list (your neighbors wouldn't be...) then it isn't allowed to connect.

Search the forums or the web in general and you'll find tutorials of how to do this in more detail.

Now, what I learned while trying to show you an example was that this feature is no longer available if you have a Pace 5268AC as your modem. But.... They will swap it out for you (by mail I'd assume) for one that does. See this thread:

https://forums.att.com/conversations/att-internet-installation/att-internet-modem-gateway-5268ac-mac-filtering-an-update-from-the-att-community/62ff8ba6b80a287081e0481d

ACE - Expert

• 

35.6K Messages

2 years ago

MAC filtering may work, but MAC spoofing is trivial, and if your phones are configured for dynamic MAC, then it will prevent you from using your own WI-Fi.

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

It was helpful thank you so much 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.