Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
S
spectacularfogocean

• 

15 Messages

Sun, Aug 9, 2020 7:45 PM

How to get the NEW AT&T BGW320-500 Wifi 6 Router!

I am excited about the new WiFI 6 router BGW320-500  for AT&T fiber customers!  I called to request it but they sent me the old BGW210.  How can I get the NEW BGW320-500?

https://www.att.com/support/article/u-verse-high-speed-internet/KM1395833/

Responses

tonydi

Guru

• 

1.3K Messages

4 months ago

Unless you're in Atlanta or Houston, you don't, at least right now.  AT&T is rolling them out in limited areas and those are the only two places where people have posted about getting one.

And given AT&T's history, be careful what you wish for.  None of their gateways have been reliable devices and AT&T often breaks things with firmware updates.  And Wifi 6 hasn't shown to be any big game changer when it comes to wireless speeds although it's often proven to be a big problem with older wifi devices.

• 

15 Messages

4 months ago

What a surprise... they sent me another BGW210.  AT&T is disappointing on so many levels.  Customer service is awful, especially the outsourced over seas call centers.  I actually liked the customer service at Spectrum more.

I have a buddy who’s an installer checking for me... but I’m probably going to put in an Uniquiti EdgeRouter even if/when I get the BGW320..

(edited)

• 

15 Messages

4 months ago

So my AT&T installer said the way to get the new BGW320-500 is to become a “chronic” and have 3+ technician visits in 30-days.  Then they’ll give you the latest and greatest to try and solve the issue.

Anyone else tried that?

tonydi

Guru

• 

1.3K Messages

4 months ago

As I said, unless you're in the BGW320 test area you can be as chronic as you want but you aren't going to get one because AT&T doesn't have them in other areas.

dave006

Scholar

• 

1K Messages

4 months ago

First the Customer Service rep can't actually order you a new BGW320-500.

They just order a modem and the fulfillment center ships out what is in inventory. As you were told above the BGW320-500 is only in limited markets currently and BTW are assigned to "new" installs only at this time.

I will add Memphis to the list with Houston and Atlanta for markets where it is being installed as testing continues on the BGW320-500.

Why is it you think you need the BGW320-500 if you are looking to bypass the modem in the end? Why do you want to waste everyone's time by having multiple tech visits? You also run the risk of being charged for multiple truck rolls at $99 per dispatch.

The techs time could be better spent helping new customers get internet access as the WFH / SFH rates are increasing for this fall or actual repairs for customers with a service outage.

Why not just give Spectrum a call if you think you will love their service as much as you claim you liked their customer service.

Dave

• 

15 Messages

4 months ago

If I could get Spectrum I would.  I didn’t make the rules, AT&T did.  If that’s what they say you have to do to get the new box, then that’s what you have to do.

Maybe If enough people do they’ll come up with a better system?  🤦‍♂️

• 

15 Messages

4 months ago

Thanks Tony, that’s just what my installer told me to do.  🤷‍♂️

(edited)

tonydi

Guru

• 

1.3K Messages

4 months ago

I understand but clearly he wasn't aware that doing those sorts of shenanigans wasn't going to result in getting a 320.

BTW....what city are you in?

ACE - Expert

• 

16.2K Messages

4 months ago

Apparently the OP does not want to divulge his/her location.

Don't mess with old people.  The older we get, the less "Life in Prison" is a deterrent.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

15 Messages

4 months ago

I’m in Los Angeles.  Why do they test in all the small markets... like anyone in Memphis needs wifi 6?  Anyway my guy says he can get it so we will see.  Thanks for the help. 

tonydi

Guru

• 

1.3K Messages

4 months ago

Well, report back on what he ends up with, I'd love to know that it's making its way out to our coast!

• 

15 Messages

4 months ago

Oh it’s for sure we get everything first because the execs and big money investors live here.  Just gotta work the network you know?  Don’t expect tech level peeps to know anything more than what’s in their truck.  🤷‍♂️

dave006

Scholar

• 

1K Messages

4 months ago

Ahh the execs and big money investors don't need low end consumer products that you are looking to score. They get commercial grade equipment installed by highly paid consultants and pay exorbitant rates for SLAs and redundant equipment.

Dave

• 

1 Message

3 months ago

I am in Atlanta and ATT has verified that my BGW 210 has failed, but they want to send me another BGW 210. I am in a brand new house with new everything except for this ancient ATT equipment. Is there a way to get the newer equipment without canceling? my service is up in less than 2 months and xfinity is making some great offers, however i do not want to cancel. I just want my failed ATT equipment replaced with the newer BGW320

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

I'm in the Raleigh area I just asked nicely until I threatened to cancel lol, the difference though is the fiber comes right up to the Modem so your set up has to allow for a new jack to be placed near the modem. Just call and ask for it directly and let them know that your wifi is acting up for the free installation. It works great it has 2 5Ghz radios and I have a lot of devices connected. Super fast as well I just got it installed today though.

Get started...

Ask a new question