Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Thu, Dec 29, 2016 10:13 PM

How to forward (bridge) WAN IP to PACE 5268AC and results

The answer is YES! I just did it (with ATT support). Step one, have the ATT router..(say ethernet port 1 connected to your WAN interface on YOUR Router). Switch cables or have a known lan connection to YOUR router. Get the "DHCP IP" from your WAN interport on your ROUTER (will likely be 192.168.1.x - knowing the ATT Pace 5268AC's default is 192.168.1.254). On the FIREWALL page - "Applications, Pinholes and DMZ at the seciton "1" area there will be a Cell window where you can type in the known WAN address of YOUR router (192.168.1.x). Put that IP address in the window and click the button to the right called CHOOSE. Scroll down to Options "2" area and at the bottom there is a radio button to forward ALL traffic to your (it says computer, but we know it's your router). Click the save button. If you look at the STATUS tab on the ATT FIREWALL Status tab now, you'll see ALL/ALL inbound traffic to be directed to your ROUTER. Turn off your router now. Reboot the ATT router PACE 5268AC and wait until you see the "Service" light come on blinking actively. This will take oh....2 minutes? Once the Service light is on....turn on YOUR router.....once booted.......log in and you should see the WAN interface with the PUBLIC IP on it!!!!!! Yours truly......

Responses

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

I should add.....forward ATT's PACE router Public IP....to YOUR.............ROUTER WAN interface

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

Did that work? I did this exact same thing about 6 months ago and the speed dropped like a rock and I had to turn my expensive routers as WAPs.

smilepak

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

4 years ago

I've been searching on this. I've recently did this. Using the PACE 5268AC and bridge it to the Linksys WRT1900ACS. I've notice a significant speed drop. 

Speed Test From Pace 5268AC - Download hoover around 250Mbps - 350Mbps (yea, that is slow and still trying to figure out why)

Bridge Mode to Linksys -> Download dropped down to 60Mbps - 70Mbps

I've using a CAT 5E 10' cable directly from the Pace 5268AC port #1 to Linksys. I haven't tried using CAT 6 cable to see if it improve anything or not. I look at the settings on both routers and went through every single one. Can't seem to figure out why a significant drop in speed. 

I want to use the Linksys because I want to use a better DNS while using Roku and other devices where I can't override DNS. But at the speed drop, it make me a bit discourage on the method. 

Get started...

Ask a new question