Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thu, May 26, 2016 7:13 PM

how many wireless U-verse receivers can I have in my home?

We are building a new home.  We want to have five TVs in the home.  I know I have to have at least one RJ-32 jack for the main receiver in the home.  If I can have four wireless receivers, I will not add additional RJ-32 jacks (connnected to CAT 5 cables).  Can I have four wireless U-verse receivers?  In addition, we expect to have AT&T's Gigapower service in the new home this fall.

Responses

skeeterintexas

ACE - Expert

• 

16.3K Messages

5 years ago

In addition to the DVR (wired), you are currently limited to 2 wireless receivers.

Don't mess with old people.  The older we get, the less "Life in Prison" is a deterrent.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
mibrnsurg

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

5 years ago

Actually I've read recently they've lifted that 2 wireless receiver limit, and thought I read about some guy that got 5 wireless receivers. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

ACE - Expert

• 

16.3K Messages

5 years ago

I knew there had been some discussion about having more than 2 wireless receivers but I could not find any sort of official confirmation.

This is fairly current and posted by a 3rd party re-seller:

Move Your Service $49 Wireless Receiver Fee Waiver: Current residential U-verse customers adding a wireless receiver when transferring their TV plan (U-family or higher) to an eligible service address before July13, 2016 will receive the one-time $49 Equipment Fee and monthly Receiver Fee waived. After 12 months, a $10 per month fee applies. Wireless Receiver: limit 2 per household. Requires power and connection to TV; range of wireless signal is limited. Go to att.com/freedom for details.

Don't mess with old people.  The older we get, the less "Life in Prison" is a deterrent.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
browndk26

ACE - Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

5 years ago

Were more wireless stb's possibly to be available on gigapower? Or was that more tv streams?
mibrnsurg

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

5 years ago

@browndk26   That's more HD streams. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Get started...

Ask a new question