Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
calah's profile

1 Message

Wednesday, April 10th, 2024 7:45 PM

House is Missing Fiber Box

I was sent my self installation kit yesterday. We tracked down where the fiber box should be, but there is nothing there for us to plug our new kit in. I’ve read other forums that there is a $99 charge to have a tech sent to install a new in these cases, despite having been told that fiber service is available at the address. Would this be the case here, or is there any sort of exception when the self installation failure is not user error?

Accepted Solution

Scholar

• 

4K Messages

1 month ago

What AT&T Gateway did you receive in your self-install kit?

You have a failed self-install since you don't have a Fiber connection point inside. It look like your location had an External ONT on the wall that was removed so you can't complete a self-install. You have a failed self-install so you will need a Tech to complete a full install.

Should be no charge to you since there is nothing you could have done as a self-install is the default if service was previous active at your address. Please call 1-800-288-2020 to talk to a CSR.

Dave

Accepted Solution

Employee

• 

180 Messages

1 month ago

If you are new customer or if you are existing customer and moved into new home and this looks to be just exposed wallplate for fiber jack meaning you cant connect your BGW320 using fiber cable (white one with green ends) you need to call tech support and they'll have service technician come and connect you. Either way you will not incur any charge.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.