Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
Vadedjs's profile

32 Messages

Wednesday, December 27th, 2023 5:56 AM

High ping and lagging on 1G fiber

I’ve only had ATT fiber for only 3ish months now. Up until a month ago everything was good. For whatever reason I now have issues with extremely high upload speed ping and can’t play any games on Ethernet connected devices. Discord voices lag. And I have constant issues. My ping is testing over 400ms at times on waveform bufferbloat tests. And I’ve called tech support 5 times now and all I’ve gotten is a new gateway which helped with nothing. I’ve tested multiple Ethernet wires from CAT5e to CAT8. Tried only having one device connected. Etc etc etc. Probably spent 5 hours at least on tech support for them to do nothing in the end but tell my to buy 2gig fiber. I got rid of spectrum because of all the issues I had with the 500mbps non fiber internet. Now all I have are issues with fiber. And they want $100 to have a tech come out because tests on their end are “fine”. This is worse than spectrum at this point. At least they would send a tech out when I had issues. 

• 

37 Messages

3 months ago

I don't know that it is or isn't maintenance.  I've had engineers test the wiring inside and outside of my residence with no issues found.  The issue sometimes lasts a few days then disappears for weeks or months.  It could be different issues at different times.  I don't really know.

11 Messages

3 months ago

its funny cause i swear its been like exactly a month since it happened last..usually goes away around 11pm

11 Messages

3 months ago

i looked back thru my emails..yep..11-14...1-14...now 2-15...musta missed it in dec

32 Messages

3 months ago

Mine has been good for the passed month or so. It’s completely dead tonight. 15% packet loss. 5mbps download speed with upload speeds bouncing back and forth from 100mbps to 800mpbs and back super fast. They broke something tonight with the servers. 10000%. 

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

3 months ago

The rest of you with issues in the St Louis area, get me some evidence like D283W did.  If I can can two or three people in the same area showing congestion and/or misrouting on particular hops or links then I can get someone to run it up a back alley.  Until I do...

1 Message

3 months ago

Having the same issues as others, also in the same area.
Popped open the router to see if something is up and it looks like it's saying the fiber is down. Changed the broadband from auto to fiber and went to zero internet. Same sort of issues, 2mb/s down ~700 up. Not sure if it's congestion or what with how it's behaving.

I swear to God this is like the third time this has happened since I chose this service, and it always seems to happen around the 15th.

32 Messages

3 months ago

Yepppp. Mine is the same as above. And have had the same issues happening randomly as everyone else here. Here's my pingplotter also. My speeds on my hardwired PC are 1mbps download and 800 up. My wifi server for the speedtests is connecting to spectrum's servers. lol I called and they're sending a tech out Saturday, but this obviously isn't a me issue so they're not going to find anything here. 

I thought it was fixed after I scheduled/cancelled the last tech and everything magically worked great up until tonight.

(edited)

4 Messages

3 months ago

here ya go, hopefully this helps. not entirely sure how to use this app or what to be looking at!

4 Messages

3 months ago

also update.... someone mentioned earlier it gets better around 11pm or so. i now have 30-35 download upon retesting. not good at all but better than before , will update if it gets any higher

11 Messages

3 months ago

129 down...475 up...getting better...guess on march 15th or so will be the true test..lol

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.