Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
Vadedjs's profile

32 Messages

Wednesday, December 27th, 2023 5:56 AM

High ping and lagging on 1G fiber

I’ve only had ATT fiber for only 3ish months now. Up until a month ago everything was good. For whatever reason I now have issues with extremely high upload speed ping and can’t play any games on Ethernet connected devices. Discord voices lag. And I have constant issues. My ping is testing over 400ms at times on waveform bufferbloat tests. And I’ve called tech support 5 times now and all I’ve gotten is a new gateway which helped with nothing. I’ve tested multiple Ethernet wires from CAT5e to CAT8. Tried only having one device connected. Etc etc etc. Probably spent 5 hours at least on tech support for them to do nothing in the end but tell my to buy 2gig fiber. I got rid of spectrum because of all the issues I had with the 500mbps non fiber internet. Now all I have are issues with fiber. And they want $100 to have a tech come out because tests on their end are “fine”. This is worse than spectrum at this point. At least they would send a tech out when I had issues. 

ACE - Professor

• 

5.5K Messages

1 month ago

It’s incredible the degree of fancy and imagination we can conjure.  Been guilty of it myself. It’s a good thing engineers work with specifications.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.