Military Appreciation: Exclusive savings for military, veterans, and their families!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
L

• 

6 Messages

Sat, Apr 3, 2021 1:15 PM

HELP. IP Camera NVR Remote View Slowly Loading After AT&T Fiber Install

Hello All,

I am having very similar issues to this thread: https://forums.att.com/conversations/att-internet-equipment/accessing-remote-ip-cameras/5defdb38bad5f2f6069c691e

Yesterday after AT&T Fiber install (1000), my Zmodo NVR with 8 IP Cameras is now very slow to load, they do work but the remote viewing connection process, but very slowly. It used to take 2-3 seconds depending on connection speed, and now it takes 10-15+ seconds to load the cameras. I also have another NVR at another location that still loads within the 2-3 second timeframe.

I know for a fact this has something to do with AT&T or their piece of equipment. I've researched everywhere, it looks like the AT&T BGW320-500 and earlier models have this very common problem.

I called Zmodo support and they believe it has something to do with the way AT&T is handling the traffic on their network.

I've tried so many things, with my 3rd party Netgear router and without, the same result. I have changed just about every setting, IP Passthrough, disabling packet filtering, changing firewall settings, etc.

I did read somewhere something about NAT Loopback and some other features that AT&T Gateways don't have available.

I'm really not happy considering coming from Xfinity I was able to always use my own equipment, turning off the gateway in the default modem so I could use my own.

After wasting an entire day yesterday, I factory reset everything and left it alone after giving up. To be clear, I ended up just eliminating my Negear R6400 A1750 wireless router, as apparently there's no way to truly "Bridge" the two together as I've always done in the past with Xfinity. I guess there may be nothing I can do about the slow remote viewing times, this is very annoying. If anyone else has some insight, please offer it.

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

28.4K Messages

1年前

You cannot put the BGW320 in "Bridge" mode but the "IP Passthrough" setting is very much like bridge mode.  Did you try that?

• 

6 Messages

1年前

@JefferMC I did try that, but it did not resolve the issue with my IP Camera system. Like I said my remote viewing still works, but it just takes 4x longer than it used to. I now have everything plugged back into the BGW320, and I'm no longer using the Netgear router. Any suggestions? You seem to be pretty knowledgeable in this forum.

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

28.4K Messages

1年前

I'd really have to know a lot more details about how Zmodo works to understand possible reasons why it might take 4 times longer to view the camera output with one connection versus another.  I'm assuming that you're not constantly uploading the video to the cloud (because in that case it shouldn't take any longer because you'd be getting the streams straight from the Zmodo servers).  

I don't see NAT loopback as an issue for you.  Given that the Zmodo doesn't seem to have any firewall requirements, I'm assuming that the Zmodo device in your location initiates all connections to Zmodo, such that when you connect to view the camera, the Zmodo servers wait for the next communication from the device (probably within a second) and reply that it needs to start delivering the video feeds. NAT loopback is only an issue when you attempt to connect directly to  your gear using an IP address (or a DNS name that translates to an IP address) that is your AT&T Dynamic Public address and you are inside your network.  You appear to be going to Zmodo's servers at all times.

dave006

Scholar

• 

2.8K Messages

1年前

@LootGoblin based on your descriptions at this point it looks like your NVR and IP camera's software is not IPv6 friendly. That would explain why it continues to work but works slowly.

In you BGW320 UI http://192.168.1.254 navigate to the IPv6 screen under the Home Network tab and disable (set to Off).

Save the settings and restart your BGW320. Then give your system a try and report back with your results. If it works then you can then introduce your Netgear router back into the process if you like it's features and functions.

Dave

• 

6 Messages

1年前

@dave006,

I attempted turning off IPV6 within the BGW320 and restarted both the BGW & ZModo IP NVR, with no luck.

To give you and @JefferMC a better idea, when I reconnect my cameras back to my netgear router with my Xfinity modem (It's a Arris SBG6700-AC, in bridge mode, as I'm using my Netgear Router (R6400 AC1750 wireless).

My cameras load up in literally 1 second, as oppposed to 10-14 seconds when my ZModo IP NVR is connected to the AT&T Fiber BGW-320-500. Someone PLEASE HELP!!!!!

P.S. See attached photos for settings on my NVR. They seem to change whenever I switch the network cable between modem/router/gateways or whatever people call these things nowadays.

The network settings on my NVR shown: The 10.0.0.1 IP is using my netgear/Arris config, the 192.168.1.64 config is using my BGW320 config. Please assist.

dave006

Scholar

• 

2.8K Messages

1年前

First the easy part.

The network IP range changes are expected. Your Cable is set to 10.0.0.0 network and uses DHCP to assign IP addresses with 10.0.0.1 as your gateway. And your NVR at the first DHCP address at 10.0.0.11

Your AT&T is set to the default network 192.168.1.0 with your gateway at 192.168.1.254 and your NVR at the first DHCP address of 192.168.1.4

My cameras load up in literally 1 second, as oppposed to 10-14 seconds when my ZModo IP NVR is connected to the AT&T Fiber BGW-320-500.

Where are you cameras displaying? On a smartphone or a computer and what are the IP setting for that device and how is it connected to your local LAN network?

Note: Your Alternate DNS settings are invalid on both configurations. You have it set to 255.255.255.255 with is the IP subnet mask. I would change the Primary to 1.1.1.1 (Clouldflare) and the Alternate to 8.8.8.8 (Google) on both.

Other choices for xfinity DNS would be 75.75.75.75 for Primary and 75.75.76.76 alternate

And for AT&T 68.94.156.1 as Primary, and 68.94.157.1 as secondary.

Dave

• 

6 Messages

1年前

@dave006 I have attempted to change both the DNS settings, with absolutely no luck. I tried changing the DNS settings to both the provided AT&T & cloudflare google DNS servers with no luck.

When my NVR is connected to my Xfinity, they literally load in a split second.

AT&T is 13 seconds to load on average.

I'm at the point where I'm attempting to ditch Xfinity, but If I can't figure this out, I will not be able to stick with AT&T. These cameras are very important to me. Please HELP

• 

6 Messages

1年前

AND NOW AT&T WANTS TO CHARGE ME FOR TECHNICAL SUPPORT, TO FIX THEIR PROBLEMS, SCREW THIS IM GOING BACK TO XFINITY, I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND THIS SHODDY SERVICE TO ANYONE

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

28.4K Messages

1年前

When you exceed the limited capacity of the support organization to handle your advanced networking problem, the only option they're given is to offer you the paid support, which is almost as worthless as the free kind.  While I wouldn't pay for ConnecTech, I wouldn't leave AT&T over the offer.

I'm sorry we weren't able to resolve your situation either.

• 

6 Messages

1年前

@JefferMC while I truly appreciate you and @dave006 's help, this is beyond frustrating.

This seems to be a very very common issue, and its very unfortunate that in this instance, I will have no other choice but to proceed with cancelling AT&T internet, as much as I love it.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.