Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
Lars2110's profile

1 Message

Thursday, December 14th, 2023 9:54 AM

Had a technician take our modem then replaced it

so for some reason, our modem said that or something was expiring next month and then  it stopped working. I called 1-800#  and a the technician came out and he replaced the non working modem with the same old model black modem we already had. No big deal~ as long as it’s working no big deal-, ok so  he took the old one with him.  well, the next day I see a package with brand new router/modem thing. I do remember the lady  from the phone saying she was going to send us a new one. I thought that was all canceled and once she  decided to send the technician out didn’t realize it was going to show up . a brand new modem that is white and newer looking, and inside package it said to replace old  modem in the box and send it back  as soon as possible.  so I went and put our new older black modem as the modem to return. Which is the one that the technician gave us was which was considered old to me, (because it was not what everybody was using as up to date) anyways  so we are charged like $200 . It stated they were charged a fee if the old modem was not returned, but would not charge as a fee if we sent it in within 30 days it was a well within 30 days sent in.  The technician had our original old one that stopped working and then the fact that he replaced it with another one then we got a brand new one in the mail the very next day.  I don’t know what to say, customer service has no clue who to help me figure this out. We turned it in -we brought it to UPS. Our account number was on it and everything that is supposed to be on it AT&T should’ve had it by now and credited our account and then they charge us 200 and something dollars what the heck ? 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

5 months ago

File a complaint with the BBB.  Those are forwarded to the Executive offices.

More than once it has been reported that a tech failed to properly turn in an old modem.  I would bet that’s the one that they’re saying was not returned.  Make sure to have all paperwork at the ready.  Did you receive and keep the receipt from UPS?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.