Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
atxdad's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, June 27th, 2015 2:02 AM

GigaPower Slow 300 Mbps Down 400 Mbps Up

Had GigaPower installed yesterday and was only getting 300 Mbps Down and 400 Mbps Up. Called tech support and they changed a channel on their end and got another 100 Mbps, but it was still spotty. I was also getting random socket errors on the speedtests.

Asked to have a tech come out and check the lines with their GigaPower laptops to confirm the bottleneck was my computer. Sure enough he plugs in and gets 800 down and 900 up. So I compare my network device driver settings to his and there's a few differences, but he happens to mention a lot of people have problems with a VPN.

After he's left I find various devices in my Network Connections and a VPN protocol in my Local Area Connection properties. I don't have a VPN, but occasionally connect through one for a client. Created a restore point and disabled or deleted anything to do with VPN. Only required protocols are Client for Microsoft Networks, File & Printer Sharing for MS Networks, Internet Protocol Version 6, Internet Version Protocol 4. Disabled the others and deleted anything to do VPN.

Now I get 800+ down 900+up. Verified on speedtest.net & att.com/speedtest

Hope this saves someone the time I lost.

No Responses!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.