AT&T Holiday Deals & Gifts - Don't miss these holiday deals on the latest devices!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
Devon_3point1's profile

• 

4 Messages

Thu, Oct 6, 2022 10:15 AM

Gateway and Ethernet won't work

I have an Intel I225-V ethernet port built into my MSI Z690 carbon wi-fi motherboard and it will not connect to my AT&T Pace 5268AC gateway. I have seen other people posting about the same issue with the Intel I225-V. If i put a switch between the gateway and the Intel I225-V it works but my up and down speed are both lower than they should be. The computer I replaced was getting very near the 1 gig internet speed that we subscribe to. Nowadays I'm lucky if I get 600 or 700 mbps either direction. I used to get in the higher 900s. I shouldn't have to have this switch on the back of my desk right beside my gateway device. Is there another gateway I can get that will work with the Intel I225-V? I have already installed the very latest drivers from Intel and the problem persists.

dave006

Scholar

• 

3.3K Messages

2 months ago

You could request a BGW210-700 if you don't have a requirement for Coax output on the 5268ac for U-verse TV STBs.

It will require a truck roll but that may cost you $99 to $149 to make sure you get the BGW210-700 instead of just a replacement 5268ac via the mail. The tech may also try a BGW320 unit but it requires a wiring change to Fiber directly to the AT&T Gateway

You already explained the issue is that you have an Intel I225-V ethernet port built into my MSI Z690 carbon wi-fi motherboard and it will not connect to my AT&T Pace 5268AC gateway. So order a new Ethernet Controller card. Start with a simple USB-C dongle adapter and see if that works with your motherboard.

BTW what previous Desktop unit did you have and what Ethernet Controller did it use?

Dave

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.