Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
Aeckert5093's profile

6 Messages

Tuesday, April 23rd, 2024 11:37 AM

Fiber box in front yard but address not listed

Recently purchased a newly built home and have the att fiber box in my front yard but my address is not showing up on the website when I search it. Luckily a technician was in the area working on someone else's house so I stopped him to ask and he said that internet can definitely be installed to my house it just needs to be added to the system first. We created a ticket (#1966521) and I had not heard anything back for awhile so I called and was told there was no time table for when internet would be installed in my neighborhood because of government and local regulations, but most of my neighbors already have att internet. Is there anything I can do? It seems like everyone I've talked to doesn't believe me that the internet line are already running in my neighborhood.

Former Employee

• 

22.4K Messages

27 days ago

Has it been (4) weeks since the ticket was created?

You should be able call to reference the ticket number if have not heard back within 4 weeks.

6 Messages

27 days ago

It has been over 2 weeks now. I guess I will wait another 2 weeks then :( just seems like something that shouldn't take a month to get set up.

6 Messages

20 days ago

Update. Ticket has been closed with final resolution being that I can't get internet at my house even though the hookup is in my front yard. Anyone have any advice?

Scholar

• 

3.9K Messages

20 days ago

Could you post a picture of the box in your front yard? Also do any of the addresses in your street or nearby cross streets show as having Residential Fiber available at this link: https://www.att.com/availability

Fiber may be in your neighborhood but not yet actually installed on your street or section of the neighborhood. Yes even with a Fiber pedestal or Green Carson handhold in your yard today. There are called dry until the actual Fiber is installed on your street.

Could you post more details about the ages of houses in your neighborhood? Were the houses built in sections or streets at different phases of development?

Dave

(edited)

6 Messages

20 days ago

I will take pictures of it this afternoon. Yes when I look at the link and enter my neighbors addresses most of them already have accounts and have fiber access (a few have no account but have access) my house was built last year and recently added to usps database a month or so ago. The further you go into the subdivision the older (5-10 years old) the houses get but my next door neighbors house was built a little before mine and he has fiber.

6 Messages

19 days ago

This box says att fiber on it and you can see the short distance from it to my house.

9 Messages

18 days ago

@Aeckert5093 The lid you posted a picture of does not resemble any handhole lids that I have come across in my time installing AT&T Fiber. In my opinion that looks more like a water meter or irrigation handhole. It is certainly possible that different areas use different style lids. Any chance I could request a closer pic of the lid itself? If you are willing and comfortable doing so, a pic of the contents of the handhole would be best. 

Also, your comment about your address being added to USPS within the last month makes me think it may have something to do with the delay. I have seen a number of new construction homes have issues getting service installed when the address is a new one. 

Assuming the pictured handhole indeed contains a fiber terminal (or another one with a terminal or conduit is found on the property), I would think the only issue is waiting for the address to be added to AT&T's database. 

Former Employee

• 

22.4K Messages

18 days ago

The picture is a cement container (vault) designed to hold splice cases, there could also be a fiber terminal coming off the splice case in there (have seen before) but more likely just housing two section runs coming together.

similar to…

https://goodmetavs.pics/product_details/40437870.html

or 

https://telecomspecialties.com/products/24x36x24-polymer-concrete-tier-22-handhole-vault?currency=USD&variant=43479241130138&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Google%20Shopping&stkn=867203553f52&gad_source=2&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjZG9tvPthQMVITHUAR0zWwXGEAQYAiABEgJNufD_BwE

9 Messages

18 days ago

@my thoughts Maybe that’s one heck of a tilt shift effect and your right. But that grass makes the lid look smaller. Need a better size reference, I suppose. 

Former Employee

• 

22.4K Messages

17 days ago

Would need to see what is inside of the unit before determining if residential fiber service could be provided by the box. 

possibility include…

* just two orange conduit with fiber coming up one tube then back down

* two fiber lines with splice case

* two fiber lines with splice case and fiber terminal either old style optical stealth or new style push lok

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.