Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
CLCMH's profile

• 

5 Messages

Wed, May 11, 2022 8:58 PM

Extra gateway return option. Did I do this right?

I had an installer come to my new house to install internet after AT&T sent me the wrong gateway (BGW210). He put a different gateway in (BGW320) but left the 210 AT&T sent. I returned it using the UPS/FedEx method with the same account number my order/install was listed under.

I have a second account that will be deactivated tomorrow. I knew the old account was fine to accept the returned as it was expected.

Was I correct in returning the gateways under their respective account numbers? Will I lose internet access on the new account once the order system sees the additional gateway being returned on that account? Do I need to call loyalty to get this sorted? 

browndk26

ACE - Professor

• 

4.6K Messages

2 m ago

If returned at the ups store, when the gateway was scanned, the account connected to they gateway will show the return. Log in to your gateway. Go to device and then system information. You will see what model gateway and serial number is assigned to the account. Compare that to what you have. 

Not sure why you didn’t keep the same account number and just move the account. 

• 

5 Messages

2 m ago

Different cities and having two residences required me to order a second account. I’m not interested in not having internet in one home for ease of install in another. If I had transferred services I’d have been without internet at both homes without the correct gateway.

• 

5 Messages

2 m ago

AT&T loyalty reached out to me about why I set up the cancellation of the old account. I guess they got notified of the drop off. I explained the situation and asked them if this was the correct way to handle this situation. They said returning the gateways under their respective account numbers was the correct method of returning the additional gateway and I won’t lose my new service.

(edited)

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.