For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
dnipper1's profile

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, October 6th, 2022 5:18 PM

EERO 6+ and BGW210

How do I set up the EERO 6+ with my BGW210?

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

2 years ago

If you want to take advantage of all of the features that the eero provides you'll want to use IP Passthrough on the BGW series of gateways.

When you're done you should see that the eero's WAN IP address (see "External" in the app's advanced settings) is your public IP (what you see if you go to www.whatismyip.com).   If it isn't, power both the gateway and eero down, power up the gateway and give it a few minutes, then power up the eero.  In some cases you have to do this power "dance" a couple of times before it sticks.

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I am not sure I have the ethernet cable plugged into the right port on the BGW-210.  There are 4 yellow ethernet ports - can you plug the EERO into any of those?

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

2 years ago

Yep, they're all the same.

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Got it working now.  Thanks. 

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

2 years ago

You're quite welcome!  Let us know how the eero 6+ works out for you as I think you're the first one we've seen in here with that setup.

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

So far so good.  I will let you know as we use it more.

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Hello,

I'm having a similar issue.  The info in the thread was helpful, however, my WAN IP address in my Eero app is a DHCP address given by the BGW210 and not my public IP address.  The DHCP server on the BGW210 is still on so I'm not sure if that is the issue? If I shut it off, I have no way of accessing the BGW210.  The DHCP addresses for the BGW210 are 192.168.10.xxx and the Eero are 192.168.1.xxx.  The Eero app displays a WAN IP of 192.168.10.24 and not my public IP as it should per this thread. Please advise. 

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

1 year ago

Take a look at the link I provided in my very first thread and compare those screenshots to your BGW210's screen.

If everything looks right power both the gateway and the eero off.  Power on the gateway, give it a few mins to come ready and then power on the eero.  Sometimes the timing of the whole process doesn't work out and it might take a couple of these reboot cycles to get it.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 months ago

tonydi -  Thanks so much for the link showing the appropriate settings for passthrough under the current version of the UI on the BGWxxx series of fiber modems.   I thought I figured out the right settings but you provided all the details.   Your documentation is more up to date than AT&T's or Eero's.   Seems like they could save themselves a lot of time on support calls by just providing us with the right documentation to set up a mesh network with their modem.   It's not like this is niche technology.

Thanks again!!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.