Download speed drop off with Arris BGW210-700>third party router>PC with wired connection
I had AT&T Fiber installed recently. I have the Arris BGW210-700 and am using a third party router (Netgear XR500) behind the gateway, which is connected to Port 1 via a Cat6 cable. The speed test I just ran within the gateway interface yielded 969/949 mbps of download and upload speeds. However, when I run a speed test on my PC, that is connected via a Cat6 cable to my router, I get 380/942 mbps of download and upload speed. I get a similar result when I run a speedtest within the router interface. So the upload speed received from the gateway is full speed but there is a large dropoff in the download speed. Any idea why this is the case? Below are the settings I have.
These are the changes I made to the gateway settings at setup:
- Firewall Tab
- Packet Filter - Disabled Packet Filtering
- IP Passthrough:
- Allocation Mode - Passthrough
- Passthrough Mode - DHCPS-fixed
- Passthrough Fixed MAC Address - Selected my router's MAC address
- Firewall Advanced - set everything to "Off"
- Home Network Tab
- Set Ethernet on Port 1 to "1G full duplex"
- Set IPv6 to "Off"
- Set Wi-Fi Operation to "Off" for both 2.4 GHz Radio and 5 GHz Radio
I also changed the DNS in the router interface to use Google DNS of 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199.