DNS Network Layer Security (i.e., Cisco Umbrella - AKA: OpenDNS)
This is my first posting here in the AT&T Community Forums... I am looking forward to learning from everyone or anyone who is willing to take the time to share their specific insights of knowledgeable experience.
With that said, here is my specific question(s):
Is there anyone here in the AT&T Community Forum that has setup DNS Layer Security for their home network? Mostly, I would like to know the following:
1) What type of benefits does DNS Network Layer Security offer?
2) Is it something that just about anyone (including home internet consumers) can setup?
3) What about Cisco Umbrella (AKA: OpenDNS) ... Has anyone here in this forum used Cisco Umbrella (either currently, or in the past)?
4) Is there anything I should consider knowing and/or educate myself about prior to me setting anytype of DNS Network Layer Security program for my home (i.e., possible issues, complications and conflicting interferences (such as with my personal home network security program: McAfee Total Protection), etc.)?
5) Anything else you can offer of IT and DNS related substance is much appreciated...