For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
MrPinhed's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, January 25th, 2017 6:23 PM

DMZ+ mode on Pace 5268AC to my asus ac3100

As I understand it, the DMZ + setting should be forwarding all traffic to my Asus router after enabling DMZ+ to it and changing the advanced firewall settings. However, I am unable to get ports to forward through to my Internal devices. I had this configured on the Pace itself until adding the Asus into my network.

So does DMZ+ actually forward all ports to my router or is it just "kind of a DMZ, but not really"?

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

7 years ago

rgiskard wrote:

I'm doing this as well with a custom build Sophos UTM on a Zotac CI323 Nano. I have gotten the UTM in DMZ mode, but have a question about the other 3 ports on the Pace.

Once I have my UTM in the DMZ working, are the other 3 ports on the Pace useless? And does it create a conflict if I put another device in there? I'm thinking the UTM has the WAN IP, and if I put something into one of those ports, it might...  Or is it another WAN IP, and the other 3 ports should work fine to test with?

The only reason I have done this is to test my speeds, which have been fluctuating for the last few days.

Thanks.

To the best of my knowledge, placing a device in the DMZ only impacts the device, not the port. All other devices connected to the 5268ac will receive DHCP generated IP addresses (192.168.1.0 network).

I don't believe the DMZ can be used for more than one device.

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks.

Then I'm falling into the bucket of new subcsribers whose speeds started out nicely and slowed soon thereafter.

I went with the 300mbps, and after install got 1ms pings with 375mbps up/down consistently. One week later, it is fluctuating wildly.  Just wanted to rule out testing wired to the Pace in addition to having the UTM in DMZ mode wasn't creating any issue.

Thanks again.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

ATT UVERSE 5268 AC I had IPV6 ~ then poof it is gone  ~ service call, new  new modem, new mac IP address ~

Configuration ~ all the trick of the trade ~ from taking IPV4 away from the connection to resetting the setting of IPV6 enabled

Support ! worthless ~ one telephone answerer in the phillipines asked me, "what is IPv6 is that the error message ?"     

How can it be there one moments and gone the new 

I find it incredulous ~ I'm taking this. climbing all the way up the ladder with this on my back ~ taking the problem program to Randall L. Stephenson

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

(edited)

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

This was my understanding.  The device that you setup to forward traffic to (standalone router) is issued a WAN IP address.  All other devices are issued DHCP private IP's.  Has this impacted anyone's ability to connect to the forwarded device (standalone router) itself?  Either internally or externally?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I have recently got ASUS RT-AC5300 and put it on DMZ+ mode but actually not all ports are open. ATT still blocking most ports on the IP.

For example: if you try connecting IKEv2 or IPSec VPN then it just refuses to connect. It only allows openVPN via TCP or UDP (443).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.