Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
A

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, December 3rd, 2020 4:24 AM

Devices Not Appearing On AT&T Device List

I have an AT&T modem connected to an eero mesh wifi system. In the past two days, I have spent almost combined 3 hours on the phone with AT&T technical support trying to change my nat type on Xbox from strict to open or at least moderate. However, when I was finally able to fix this issue, I was only able to enjoy the freedom of online play for no more than 24 hours when suddenly my nat type was strict again. I navigated my way back to the AT&T Nat/Gaming page and opened all the required ports once again and was ready to choose the needed device when I noticed I could no longer see my Xbox or for that matter any of the devices connected to the eero mesh wifi system. A member of the AT&T technical support team informed me that AT&T had recently endured an update in which the option to view devices connected to a third-party device or in my case my eero mesh wifi system had been removed. For reasons which I will not specify I am unable to fix my nat type by bridging my network, therefore my only two options (IP passthrough and manually opening the TCP and UDP ports associated with my Xbox) that don't involve purchasing a new wifi router or modem are blocked by AT&T's incapability to show devices connected to a third-party device. Is there anything I can do?

(P.S. I apologize for both of the run-on sentences)

Scholar

• 

3.7K Messages

3 years ago

OK since you mentioned IP/Passthrough that implies you have a BGW210-700. Is that correct?

Next which eero system do you have and how do you currently have it configured?

Finally how is your Xbox connected?

Dave

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Yes, I have the BGW210-700: in terms of eero devices, I have the eero 6 dual-band mesh Wi-Fi 6 router as well as the eero Pro 6 tri-band mesh Wi-Fi 6 system with built-in Zigbee smart home hub (3-pack). I have a Pro 6 triband router eero device connected via ethernet to my BGW210-700 modem. I also have another Pro 6 triband router connected via ethernet cable to my Xbox.

Angus

Scholar

• 

3.7K Messages

3 years ago

Are you currently using IP/Passthrough for the eero router connected to your BGW210 or do you have both eero's in bridged mode to allow the BGW210 to manage the IP network?

How are your 2 eero routers configured and does the one connected to the BGW210 manage IP addresses for all your devices?

For the eero router connected to your Xbox is it using Wi-Fi to talk to the other eero / BGW210?

I am trying to figure out how your IP address is managed for your Xbox and if you have multiple NAT.

Dave

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

I am not using IP passthrough and I do not have the eero's bridged although when I did try this setting it fixed my Nat type. Unfortunately, both using an IP passthrough and bridging my eero's were incompatible with the strict security requirements required by my employer. The eero router connected to my Xbox is connected via wifi not ethernet cable to the eero directly connect to the modem I was informed the only way to fix the Nat type was by opening individual UDP and TCP ports for my Xbox. I would do this but my Xbox isn't listed in devices although my Xbox shows that I am connected.

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

My BGW210 is in a place where I cannot connect my Xbox via ethernet cable, how do you suggest I connect my Xbox to my BGW210?

P.S. Also regarding what you quoted from my previous message, I should have been more specific there are very strict guidelines which I am required to use if I am going to work from home. One of which prohibits me from bridging my router, it also prohibits me from using IP passthrough.

Scholar

• 

3.7K Messages

3 years ago

On your Xbox connection the answer is simple move it or have your BGW210 and ONT relocated closer to your Xbox. Not being funny or flip but this is the logical solution.

Next up you could isolate your Xbox on a Wi-Fi connection on your BGW210 using one AT&T Smart Home Extender ($49.99).

Use a unique SSID and connect your Xbox to one of the 2 Ethernet ports on the back of the Extender. Just place the Extender where it can connect to the gateway and be in range for an Ethernet cable connected to your Xbox. When not actively using your Xbox (while WFH) just turn off the extender to reduce any stray Wi-Fi in the 2.4 / 5 GHz bands.

You are not bridging your AT&T router if you just bridge your eero units to use them as Access Points.

Dave

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Can I use an AT&T Smart Home Extender if I already have the eero mesh system?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.