Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tue, May 17, 2016 7:09 PM

Devices never reconnect to the 5Ghz Band on my NVG599.

I can connect to the 5Ghz ssid, everytime, without issue on any device.  However, when any device leaves the wifi area(iPhone or iPad) and returns or is turned off and then turned back on again(Google Chromecast, Nvidia Shield, Vizio TV), none of the devices will reconnect to the 5Ghz band.  The 2.4 band works fine,  all devices connect and default to this band everytime they return/restart.  If the 2.4 ssid is deleted, then the devices will prompt me to connect to a wifi network.  They all save the ssid login info and will reconnect to the 5ghz when told to.  I have searched these forums and the rest of the internet with no luck,  havent changed any settings aside from SSID names.  Thanks.

Responses

mibrnsurg

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

4 years ago

@JohnnyChuttz   Have you checked the device websites to see if any info on staying on 5Ghz?

Cause I've never seen anything here about it. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Former Employee

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

its honestly better just to turn off 5.0 and have the 2.4 on  because alot of device aren't supported to the 5.0 unless the device is newer or recently bought.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Have you gone into the GUI and under where the wifi option is, go to configure? Click on the 2.4ghz option, it should be a drop down, to change it to 5ghz, then just give it a different SSID? It does have its own MAC and when having its own ssid, your devices should see the 2.4ghz and 5ghz as different connection points and then differentiate between the two in further attempts.

Get started...

Ask a new question