Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!

• 

5 Messages

Mon, Apr 6, 2020 5:29 PM

Continued Reboot, connections dropping...sick off this!

We’re needing to reboot repeatedly on a daily basis to restore internet and cable connection. We’re getting error messages on the TVs and phones saying there is no signal and TV keeps telling us to restart the receiver. I have attempted to call AT&T Multiple times and cannot get through to a customer for service representative. We are FRUSTRATED! I

Responses

• 

5 Messages

2 months ago

Also I have two extenders. Have run a zillion test!

Employee

• 

98 Messages

I am very sorry that you are experiencing these issues and I know it is frustrating that our hold times are extremely long during this COVID-19 crisis. I would suggest that you download AT&T's free Smart Home Manager app and use it to help identify the cause of your issues. You may need to switch to your cellular data network when the service is down to determine if the service interruption is caused by a known network outage or specific to your home. The tool should also allow you to initiate a chat with an agent (based on availability) that can help with your issues including scheduling a technician visit, if necessary.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

5 Messages

I’ve done all of that. I was sole the idea of high speed fiber however to date it’s not working like fiber.

Employee

• 

98 Messages

@ditrspr06 When your service is offline, have you launched Smart Home Manager (while on cellular network/LTE not connected to your gateway/router/Wi-Fi)? It should be able to tell you if you are impacted by a network outage or if there is a problem with the service to your home. If there isn't a problem with the network, you may have a gateway/router that needs to be replaced. Through links to our diagnostics tools, Smart Home Manager can determine the appropriate step to resolve.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

5 Messages

There are NO Outages. I lauch the Smart Home Manager daily; often 3 or 4 times a day.

Employee

• 

98 Messages

When you are offline, does Smart Home Manager show you that you are offline? I'm trying to isolate if the problem is with our network outside of your home, with the gateway or with the usage of your service inside your home. It appears that we can eliminate problems inside your home for now but it means that we still have two major components that we have to consider.

Smart Home Manager use the same diagnostic tools that our call center agents use, so it can help identify where the problem lies. If there isn't a network outage (meaning that it would impact a number of customers), we need to see if there is a service outage for your location only. If we can determine that there is no service issue outside of your home, the problem would seem to be caused by a bad gateway.

• 

5 Messages

yes it shows I’m offline

Employee

• 

98 Messages

The Smart Home Manager app should take you through a resolution path for offline services. If not, you can go directly to the Troubleshoot & Repair tool and it will take you through steps that may result in a gateway/router replacement or scheduling a technician visit.