Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
jtprsn73's profile

4 Messages

Thursday, May 16th, 2024 1:59 AM

Constant disconnects

My AT&T internet is the worst.  It is constantly disconnecting and losing service.  The technician has been here several times, replaced the router, checked all the lines and says I’m good to go.  Soon as he walks out, bam it loses signal 5 minutes into a movie.  I am fed up with paying all of this money.  I live in the middle of town.  This is absurd in today’s times.

Scholar

• 

4.2K Messages

1 month ago

My AT&T internet is the worst.  It is constantly disconnecting and losing service.  The technician has been here several times, replaced the router, checked all the lines and says I’m good to go.  Soon as he walks out, bam it loses signal 5 minutes into a movie.  I am fed up with paying all of this money.  I live in the middle of town.  This is absurd in today’s times.

What AT&T Gateway do you have?

What device are you using to watch movies and is it connected using a Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection? When you lose "Signal" how quickly does it return and what light(s) are lit on the Gateway?

Where you live in town has nothing to do with a connection issue. Is this a new install or an issue that has developed recently?

Dave

4 Messages

1 month ago

I have a BGW210-700 and I’m connected via WiFi.  I’m watching on an iPad.  Sometimes it lasts for 5 minutes or longer.  This has been an ongoing issue for almost 2 years.  The service guy has been several times and replaced modem each time.

(edited)

ACE - Professor

• 

5.7K Messages

1 month ago

The technician cannot fix a design deficiency in the gateway’s WiFi section.  Do your research, buy your own WiFi system and get it over with.  In my own experience, the internet service itself is fine once a replacement WiFi system is in place.  

4 Messages

1 month ago

Any suggestions on what system to buy?

ACE - Professor

• 

5.7K Messages

1 month ago

That isn’t something I feel comfortable doing.  
Generically speaking, the new technology now is wifi 7, and from what I’ve seen so far is very pricey, but would also be something that would be more future proof.  But even an older wifi 5 system can do a good job.  The system should allow for easy expansion via satellites if there’s a need for a larger footprint.  
A place like bestbuy would be a good place to look.  In all seriousness almost anything will be an improvement. To make it easier for yourself to manage, I’d make sure the system has the ability to run in access point mode.  This way the only thing you need to worry about in the gateway is turning off the radios.  Good luck.  

1 Message

1 month ago

I'm with you Dave, we also have the worst connection. Technician has been here at least 4 times and it always looks like he (they) find the problem but within a day or two its back to the same thing. Connection is lost, weak and tv picture constantly gets distorted (pixels go haywire). It (Edited per community guidelines) trying to watch a recorded show, current show, movie or a sports game. We are ready to drop AT&T but in researching other services, others dont seem much better. I feel like we are being taken advantage of paying so much $$$ every month.

(edited)

Scholar

• 

4.2K Messages

1 month ago

@Sanstar511 

Please start a new topic for your situation and provide specific details about your AT&T Gateway, TV Make and model and details on the distance between your AT&T Gateway and your TV.

Just click on the "ASK" link on the top line of the Forum list or from within any Topic thread.

Dave

ACE - Expert

• 

32.5K Messages

1 month ago

No point in getting WiFi 7 unless your devices use it. Though you can still get WiFi 5 I would suggest WiFi 6 (or 6e if you have devices that can support that 6GHz band).

I've got an old WiFi 5 Wireless Access Point (WAP) that does fine but looking into getting something more current for ease of use and supporting current options. And having an option to clearly state if you want to use a WiFi Router in Access Point or Router mode would be preferred.

(edited)

4 Messages

1 month ago

I apologize but yall are talking way over my head.  I know nothing about this stuff.

Scholar

• 

4.2K Messages

1 month ago

I have a BGW210-700 and I’m connected via WiFi.  I’m watching on an iPad.  Sometimes it lasts for 5 minutes or longer.  This has been an ongoing issue for almost 2 years.  The service guy has been several times and replaced modem each time.

@jtprsn73 

Now we know that you have a BGW210 and are using an iPad. Now a few more details on the problem you are experiencing are needed. When your "connection" drops how long does it take to come back and when your movie is interrupted are you still able to open a Safari web browser and open a Google search page?

Also if this "connection" drop lasts longer than 30 seconds what lights are showing on your BGW210?

Finally could you provide information about where your BGW210 is located and where you normally use your iPad. For the BGW210 details, is it located on a flat level surface at the same heights as other surfaces in the room with a minimum of 3 feet of open space before the nearest Electronic device?

Dave

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.