Uniquely for you. Order the new Google Pixel 6, now!
LastXdeth's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Jul 10, 2019 11:19 PM

Can I open/foward the same ports to more than one device?

I have both an Xbox 360 console and a Windows 10 laptop with the Xbox app that I would like to open/forward ports to so they can connect perfectly online (open/unrestricted NAT). They are both connected to the Arris BGW210-700 modem.

The Xbox 360 and the Xbox app on the laptop require some of the same ports (ex. TCP/UDP 3074 and 88). The ports are currently forwarded to the Xbox 360, but when I try to forward the same two ports to my laptop, I get this error message: "Pinhole Conflict Detected 88 - 88 ". It seems I can only forward a port number to only one device at a time. I cannot forward the same ports to multiple devices.

Is there anyway to get around this? I remember back in the day, AT&T installed one of those 2Wire modems for us which had a UPnP setting where we didn't have to manually open any ports. I simply just connected my Xbox 360 and gaming laptop to the modem and it connected online just fine with no NAT issues with no adjustment to the modem's settings. What happened to the UPnP setting? Why did they make it so inconvenient now?

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

1.7K Messages

2 y ago

No, you can't forward one port number to multiple computers.  When you forward a port it directs all traffic to that port to one specific IP address.

UPNP was a big security risk at one point and I'm sure AT&T didn't need those headaches.  It's not as big of an attack vector as it once was but neither is Port 25 and yet AT&T still blocks that port.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.