Pre-order the New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Galaxy Z Fold4 and, for a limited time, get twice the storage and a free case!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
RetiredTelMan's profile

Sifter

• 

4 Messages

Wed, Jun 29, 2022 5:20 PM

Broadband signal modulation

How and where are Uverse and Internet modulated on the carrier signal?  I lost internet and continued to have TV.  AT&T

said it was a bad Gateway modem.  Computer continued to use all my Bluetooth devises said the network was down.  Don't understand.

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

29.3K Messages

2分前

All services are delivered as IP traffic.   The gateway splits off VOIP if you have that.  The IPTV and Internet are directed where they need to go.  If your TV is working, but your Internet isn't, your client may just need to refresh their DHCP leases.  I'd definitely try just resetting your Gateway (unplug for 10 seconds) and see if that fixes it.

But you could actually need a new Gateway.  And that's practically their first answer to any issue.

Sifter

• 

4 Messages

2分前

Jeff, Thanks.  Made me re-think this as IP and not just a DSL line to me.

my thoughts

Employee

• 

19.4K Messages

2分前

Do you have a custom SSID and/or password for WI-FI internet?

The gateway may have taken an update, in rebooting the name and password returned to default settings. Result would be all devices looking for custom settings could not connect to default settings without making changes.

It is also possible the Wi-Fi circuit is not working, this is a separate network from Uverse IPTV service.

Can you see your Wi-Fi name on list?

Sifter

• 

4 Messages

2分前

My Thots, 

Wifi was working.  I have a Bluetooth Thinkpad mouse to the modem, then back to my Wifi Thinkpad laptop.  All it is up and good now.  What blew my mind, at 1AM, On The Mark, my YouTube vid locked up, no internet, and yet TV was just fine.  It was if someone pulled a central office card on a T1 or T3 carrier.  (old school)  Was out till 2:45 and came back up.  AT&T repair tried their tests and said it was my gateway so they ordered a new one.  I'll install it later tonight.  Thanks

Sifter

• 

4 Messages

2分前

This all brings me to another question.  In my day, television networks would send feeds down to Charleston and we could check the level of the audio and video signals. Today, where are the uverse TV programs applied to the signal going nationwide?

Reason I ask, program signal levels change from channel to channel.

Thanks again.

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

29.3K Messages

2分前

There is a national center where all the non-local channels originate (at least in terms of AT&T's U-verse Network), they are then sent to local Virtual Head Ends where the local channels join them in being multicast to the Central Offices, and thence to the homes.

The volume differences are likely just a product of the video providers' preferences.

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.