Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

• 

1 Message

Tue, Feb 25, 2020 6:11 PM

Bought a modem and tech support successfully activated it. Will not waived equipment fee!

I recently bought an AT&T approved modem and had tech support activate it for use and it works great. I want to return my old modem to waive the $10 equipment fee that service rips you off on for leasing agreement on the modem provided. The billing department states that the $10 is not part of the leasing equipment but more for the service to be able to run in your home. This sounded right from any sort of company. I was able to do this with Xfinity bringing my own modem, but can't with AT&T Fiber???

Responses

ACE - Expert

• 

13.6K Messages

a month ago

Everyone pays the fee whether you use their equipment or buy your own and manage to get it provisioned.

That's why it makes sense to use THEIR equipment. If it has to be replaced, they do the replacing.

FOR CURRENT INFORMATION FROM AT&T CONCERNING COVID-19, PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINK IN THE BRIGHT ORANGE BANNER AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…