Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
darrellmillerla's profile

• 

12 Messages

Tuesday, February 8th, 2022 7:12 PM

Closed

BGW320-505 + 5 Static IP Addresses + pfSense Router/firewall + 2 other servers with static IP's

hi, 

i've been on the phone with ATT tech support for 2 days. i'm a reasonably competent IT person. i'm moving to a new home. the old home has ATT fiber + 5 static IPs and my setup works flawlessly. Tech came out yesterday and installed att home fiber 1000 in new home with a new nokia BGW320-505 modem/router/wireless. 

I cannot figure out how to turn off everything from this modem and just make it simple passthrough so i can hardcode/manaully enter static IPs from ATT into my firewall and 2 servers. i've been on the phone with ATT for close to 7 hours.. and none of their support people really understand what i'm trying to do. 

i just have 2 servers (virtual) + one pfsense firewall that i need static IP's for. 

is this possible with these new nokia devices?

• 

12 Messages

2 years ago

thanks morph for the quick response. i'll mess with those settings when i get back home tonight and report back. 

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

2 years ago

You diagram makes it look like it should be no problem.  Set up the Public Subnet and assign the IP addresses and away you go.

• 

12 Messages

2 years ago

@morph27 did you set up ippassthrough at all or leave those settings alone? 

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

2 years ago

You would not need IP Passthrough if you want your router to have one of your public static addresses.  Use that only if you want the public dynamic address to go to your router.

• 

12 Messages

2 years ago

thank you two for quick responses. i'm going to try it when i get home tonight.i need to get back up and working at home. this shouldnt be this hard.. expecially with a service they sell. 

• 

12 Messages

2 years ago

no luck so far.. here is what i have:

i've tried "dhcp pool" public and tried "dhcp pool" private. and restarted the router, neither works. 

i've tried every combination i know to try.. this should not be this hard. 

• 

12 Messages

2 years ago

any suggestions would be appreciated

• 

12 Messages

2 years ago

okay now i'm really confused. with the settings above.. i can get to this att forum thread... i can go to www.google.com and search for something.. and the results come up.. but i none of the links to the search items will go through.. i can go to cnn.com .. i cant got to speedtest.com.. 

so some sites work.. some dont.. is that a DNS issue? 
i'm so confused at this point.  

i've tried both through my pfsense firewall/router and manually putting a static IP into my laptop. same weird results of some websites working and some not. 

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

2 years ago

What IP do you get if you go to https://whatismyip.com from either of the servers, or from something connected behind your router?  Do you get the public IP address you're expecting it?

• 

12 Messages

2 years ago

no, it only gets the ipv6

• My Public IPv6 is:
    2600:1700:a9f:7b00:613b:f7ef:XXXX:XXXX
  • My Public IPv4 is:
    Not Yet Detected
  • My IP Location: Seattle, WA US 
  • ISP: AT&T Corp.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.