Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
TdoKi9_me's profile

1 Message

Monday, April 1st, 2024 4:48 AM

BGW210-700

I need help to configure the IP Pass-Through to allow my video security cameras to be accessible and viewable from both WAN and LAN. Is this even possible with just the Arris BGW-210-700 by itself?

ACE - Expert

• 

35.6K Messages

2 months ago

You normally use IP Passthrough to pass the IP and ports to a router.  You would use Port Forwarding (under the NAT / Gaming menu) to set up ports for your DVR.

However, note that you must use your local IP when viewing inside the home and your Public IP when viewing from outside the home.

Before you start Port Forwarding setup, do a Factory Reset.  Before you do the Factory Reset, record any settings (e.g. Wi-Fi SSID, password) so you can put them back in after the reset.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.6K Messages

2 months ago

IP Passthrough won’t help, right?   The stated need is to open up inbound requests through the firewall on specific ports, and I believe port forwarding is made for that purpose.  

ACE - Expert

• 

35.6K Messages

2 months ago

IP Passthrough will port forward everything. ("Default Server" really is portforwarding everything, just not sending the IP address too so that the device can do NAT).  The two problems with IP Passthrough used in this way are:

1. there can only be one destination for all ports, and 
  2. all the traffic is now being sent to that device, which may not be hardened enough on ports other than the one expected one
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.