Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

4 Messages

Fri, Jan 17, 2020 4:59 AM

BGW210-700 and the Oculus Quest

Does anyone here have any tips on how to configure this $#&$$! router so that social games on the Oculus Quest work? I'm at my wits end here. 75% of the social games I download for my Oculus Quest just never connect to their lobby. AltSpace, Wander, Multiverse, thumbnails in BigScreen. Global leaderboards don't show up in some games. I've contacted some devs to get ports needed and add them to the NAT/Gaming section to no avail. I've turned off all Advanced Firewall settings, added Pass Packet Filters to the device, all to no avail. I've gone so far as to sign up for a syslogging app/site and man does this router just deny sooooo much stuff coming into it. I am very annoyed at this point.

It is 100% this router. I took the Quest to a hotel, BAM, everything there worked without issue. What gives?

TONS of drops every minute like:

Jan 16 22:55:28 L4 FIREWALL nflog_log_fw(), action=DROP reason=POLICY-INPUT-GEN-DISCARD hook=INPUT mark=134217728 IN=br2 OUT= MAC=00:00:00:00:00:00:00:**EDITED*** SRC=185.156.**.** DST=162.202.**.** LEN=40 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=242 ID=8254 PROTO=TCP SPT=49134 DPT=7261 SEQ=(Phone number hidden) ACK=0 WINDOW=1024 RES=0x00 SYN URGP=0

Why, when I have traffic explicitly allowed AND firewall features turned off, is anything being DROP by the FIREWALL? This makes no sense.

Firmware Version 2.4.4 by the way.

Responses

tonydi

Guru

• 

532 Messages

a month ago

You might want to try separating the two wifi bands by giving the 5Ghz band a different SSID. The BGW has issues with wifi in general but some devices don't like the band steering feature when both bands use the same SSID.

• 

4 Messages

This is already done as well. I'e given each band it's own SSID and PW. The Quest is on 5GHz (along with other high-speed nearby devices). 2.4 GHz is for my slower deices or those through several walls, and everything close enough with Ethernet capability is using ethernet. This was done a while ago to try and fix some WiFi performance issues.

(edited)

tonydi

Guru

• 

532 Messages

The only other option I see for you is to investigate the "dumb switch bypass" method so you eliminate the BGW entirely. You need to be an Internet-only customer and have a third party router (along with a dumb switch).

Be aware that this method is not supported by AT&T and supposedly against their terms of service.

• 

4 Messages

SOLUTION: Disable IPv6.

Everything works now.