Learn how you can get the iPhone 13 now!
ARedGuy12's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tue, Dec 19, 2017 3:38 AM

BGW210 Solid Red Light Broadband Router

I was messing around with the router because the Ethernet cable was being caught around the corner of my table. After I unplugged it and plugged it back in, the broadband light went a solid red and now I have no internet. I have unplugged it and pushed the red button on the back for 20 seconds and it still remains the same. I have also tried to plug the Ethernet into different slots but nothing is working.

_xyzzy_

Expert

• 

15K Messages

4 y ago

Check the wall/street connection.  It should plug into the green RJ11 broadband socket on the gateway, or for fiber, the red ONT RJ45 socket on the gateway.  Don't worry about your etherent connections that plug into the yellow sockets until you get rid of that red broadband light.  That usually indicates something is wrong with your outside circuit or the gateway's connection to it.  It may also mean something is wrong with the gateway but the probability of that is much lower than a street connection failure.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4 y ago

I only have an Ethernet cable and power cable, but again, this problem happened after the Ethernet cable was unplugged, so I'm not sure what else could have caused it 

_xyzzy_

Expert

• 

15K Messages

4 y ago

I only have an Ethernet cable and power cable

You got to have more than just that.  Power cable, ok, to your gateway.  Ethernet cable, ok, I assume it's whatever device you want to connect as an internet connection or could be to the dvr (I also assume it's to one of the 4 yellow ethernet ports).  So where's your outside (street) connection?  The one I described?  It should be connected to a wall plate presumably.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.