Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
G

• 

4 Messages

Thu, Feb 18, 2021 3:53 PM

BGW210 Being Replaced with NVG599

My ethernet has been extremely slow on my BGW210 gateway/router. Speeds to the router are consistent at 980/980 mbps. Speeds to my two ethernet attached devices is running around 280/300 mbps. I should be getting twice that. Wifi is actually faster. Also, my tv intermittently shows that the eternet is not connected.  I unplug and replug at the router and it works again. Same on all 4 ports.

ATT customer service is sending me a refurbished NVG599, which I have read is a much older gateway/router. Why would they not send a newer router like the BGW320? Can someone explain what is going on ? 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

29.9K Messages

2 y مضت

The 320 is newer, and has 802.11ax, which the 210 doesn't have.  But some, mostly older, devices are having trouble making a Wi-Fi connection with the 320.

The 210 is well established, has 802.11ac and is probably everyone's favorite gateway (unless they want 802.11ax, need a coax connection, or fiber without an ONT).

The 5268AC or 599 would be next, and are pretty much interchangeable.  They also has 802.11ac.  They both have a coax connection for HPNA (or unbalanced VDSL2) if you still go for that sort of thing.  Er, actually, I don't think the 599 will do mesh-mode with the AirTies Extenders, whereas all the other 3 will.

Any of these may have a firmware bug or peculiarity that makes them unsuitable for a particular home configuration.  For example, some bugs have been:

• Port Forwarding quits working within 24 hours
  • HDVoice/Wi-FI calling doesn't work properly (no sound in one direction)
  • DMZplus or IP Passthrough doesn't function correctly

AFAIK, all of these bugs are resolved at this time.

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

29.9K Messages

2 y مضت

They will send you what is available at fulfillment which is compatible with your account type.   If an NVG599 is what is sitting on the shelf and will work with your account, that's what you'll get.  You're unlikely to get a BGW 320 because they are in shorter supply and are the only thing that will work for new XGS-PON connections (i.e. they're on the trucks for new fiber installation, not sitting in the fulfillment warehouse).

You could get a 5268AC.

• 

4 Messages

2 y مضت

Thanks for the response, that makes things much clearer. Out of those 3, which do you think is the better equipment?

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.