Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
Astrum's profile

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

Friday, January 17th, 2020 1:20 AM

BGW security issue (?) not prompting access code (even on changes)

Got a BGW210-700 with a fiber 1000 connection.

First thing I did was change the access code via the IP.

I’ve not been prompted to enter access code since (aside from one random prompt.)

My 5268 used to prompt me often... on every single change, even during the same session.

I can’t even force the BGW to prompt for the access code no matter what I do. (Changed Access Code (again), Closed windows, cleared cookies, ‘forget network’, then reconnect, changed WiFi PWs etc... even used different browsers.)

Remote access is disabled.

It would seem that anyone that is on the network even just once can make any changes they wish.

This can’t be how it’s supposed to work, as even on the access code page itself, it warns that further changes will require it, ‘so you better not lose it.’

Cannot figure this one out.

Thanks in advance!

Manufacturer ARRIS

Model Number BGW210-700

Software Version 1.6.7

First Use Date 2020/01/16 19:10:03

Time Since Last Reboot 00:05:08:13

Current Date/Time 2020-01-16T20:11:33

Datapump Version A2pvbJ042w.d26r

Hardware Version 02001C0046004D

Scholar

• 

465 Messages

4 years ago

Well, for one thing your firmware on the 210 is about 7 versions out of date. The latest is 2.5.6. Not sure why because ATT actively pushes the latest firmware. The version you have is very buggy. You can find the latest to download over on dslreports. com or call ATT and they can remotely push it to your gateway.

And I think for most settings ATT assumes that devices on the local ethernet network are authorized and wifi clients need to have the wifi password to connect. Not saying that is the best way to handle it though. My experience in the past is that most settings can be changed but a few do require the access code.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.