Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
T

• 

23 Messages

Wednesday, April 10th, 2024 12:32 PM

Best Gateway or Modem

I have a Pace 5268AC gateway, and 1,000 Gig fiber. I just changed from U-Verse to Direct Streaming ATT TV. Is this still the best gateway for my streaming TV? Will ATT provide a better replacement? I currently have about 30 devices attached to my network.

Accepted Solution

Scholar

• 

4K Messages

1 month ago

No the Pace 5268AC gateway is no longer supported and not receiving Firmware updates. Since you switched from U-Verse TV and don't require Coax support on your Gateway, there are 2 newer modems; BGW210-700, BGW320-500 or BGW320-505 (2 OEM sources).

Dave

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.9K Messages

1 month ago

If you hav ATT INTERNET, you’ll need to contact ATT CS 1-800-288-2020.

• 

23 Messages

1 month ago

So, with Direct Streaming who would be responsible for updating the gateway? AT&T Fiber, Wireless or Direct Streaming, since they appear to be different divisions of ATT. And, is the gateway included in the monthly charge for Fiber, Wireless, or Direct? 

• 

23 Messages

1 month ago

Thanks, ATT is shipping the newer BGW modem today. No cost.

ACE - Expert

• 

32.3K Messages

1 month ago

DIRECTV STREAM is not a feature or add-on to AT&T Internet. It is a dedicated TV provider. As such your TV provider has no responsibility for your internet.

To update the Gateway you contact your internet provider. With AT&T you are either paying $10 a month for the required rental, or your internet service is $10 higher having that 'hidden' in the cost. AT&T's proprietary Gateway is required so cannot get out of that rental.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.