ATT Fiber 300 Internet Installed a Week Ago - Lag, Timeouts, and Slow Loading (BGW210-700)
We just upgraded to AT&T Fiber last week. We got the BGW210-700 modem and it's not been particularly fun.
- I get logs from my router about "Invalid Packets" (92 of 192 logs had this error).
- My phone randomly gets off of the network and doesn't reconnect unless I notice (did not do this with previous internet and there have been no updates on it)
- We get various errors on Chrome (ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT is the most common; the recommendation of "clearing browsing history" won't work because I incognito everything; some error with DNS, I forget but have started to document).
- Netflix videos now take longer to load. With our previous slower (100 Mbps) internet, we would see the 1% and the 99% for a brief second before a show started playing. Now we see the numbers in between changing because it takes a couple of seconds for AT&T to load it.
- We were watching YouTube videos and they randomly stop playing. Just stopped.
- When watching videos for class using the textbook publisher's site, the videos, which loaded easily with the previous internet provider, load slowly. In fact, the page loads slowly. It's aggravating counting to 10-20 seconds before you can even hit play.
- Yes, IvP6 is disabled. It was never enabled.
- Yes, all of our devices, except my personal laptop, are on the 5 Ghz connection.
- Yes, we have the BGW210-700 router.
My plan is as follows:
- I told the other two inhabitants of the home to document and record
- I'll post here in hopes that AT&T helps by actually providing me a service instead of worse internet
- I'll file a complaint with either the FTC or the FCC
- What recommendations do you have (what do you want me to try)? I'm not willing to pay to have a technician come fix an error not caused by me.
- What information do you need from me to better assist me?
I have rather little patience for a service that should be working immediately.