For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
Katkat5436's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, July 14th, 2019 2:07 PM

Closed

ATT cut my power and could care leas

Hi! AT&T cut our power lines and will not come fix them.  They say they will come and they never fix. It’s 96 degrees daily where I live and they are putting myself and my children in danger but somehow they are always available to make a sale! How do I get someone to fix what they did and care about the well being of my children ? It’s currently 86 degrees in my house and rising.  I’ve started tagging the local news stations on twitter.  

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

5 years ago

Why are you trying to get AT&T to fix POWER LINES?  They might be responsible for the cut but I'd certainly be wanting the POWER COMPANY to fix the power lines.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Hi! 

I guess this was a little too complex for you to understand so I’d be happy to break it down ! Our landlord states that because AT&T damages the lines they will have to pay to fix them.  The POWER (electric) company states an electrician will need to be hired to fix the issue.  Thank you for your valuable input however! I had not considered contacting the power company. 

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

5 years ago

Perhaps next time you should actually include important details like that in your first post. There's no way anyone would discern this is an internal line that was cut based on the lack of details you provided.

Now, here's an important detail for you.  Look up at the very top of the page.  See where it says "AT&T Community Forums"?  Let me break that down for you.  That means it's users helping users.  IF an AT&T person does show up, it's in an UNofficial capacity.  The best they're going to do is point you at some phone number to call, presumably one you've already tried and failed to get a satisfactory response.

Hey, I understand your frustration and the need to get help immediately.  If I were you, I'd get an electrician to fix it NOW, then go to battle with AT&T to get reimbursed.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

5 years ago

Ultimately it is the landlords responsibility to get the power fixed. Keep on them to fix it. Or pay to have it fixed yourself and try and be reimbursed. I understand that it may cost to much for you to afford and you cannot do that. 

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I'm confused as to how the AT&T installer could cut the electricity inside the house, which presumably would result in some sparks and the immediate loss off power, and then walk away without arranging a repair before leaving the premises. That sounds like a "News 2 want's to know" story if I ever heard one. I would say the responsibility for repairing the internal house wiring is the installer's and he is an AT&T employee (in my area anyway).

Call AT&T and ask them if your landlord should call an electrician and send them the bill or if they will be sending out an electrician today. That will get things moving. <grin>

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

2 years ago

Just wondering why you created a new account today and your first comment was for some oddball issue from 2019?  I would hope your advice is no longer needed. 

Closing this thread.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.