For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
RedTHomes's profile

1 Message

Thursday, February 1st, 2024 9:49 PM

AT&T Construction Department Contact Needed

We have a residential construction project in Denver, Colorado where we have encountered an issue with an AT&T owned utility box in public ROW that per the city of Denver, will need to be relocated. I have been unable to reach someone via phone numbers supplied by both the website or by other AT&T employees and need to find the correct department / individual to speak to so that we can discuss the work moving forward.

Former Employee

• 

22.3K Messages

3 months ago

Not knowing how long the box has been there… 

ATT MA BELL was broken up by the government (1984) and spun off into several baby bells

Your state would of been USWest then Qwest and finally bought out by CenturyLink now called Lumen.

I suspect that is who you would be looking for to have older equipment relocated. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_West

US West provided local telephone and intraLATA long-distance services, data transmission services, cable television services, wireless communications services and related telecommunications products to defined areas in Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Iowa, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. US West was a public company traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "USW" with headquarters at 1801 California Street in Denver, Colorado.

…..

US West merged with Qwest on June 30, 2000, and over time the US West brand was replaced by the Qwest brand. Qwest merged with CenturyLink on April 1, 2011, and the Qwest brand was replaced by the CenturyLink brand.[1]

ACE - Expert

• 

32.1K Messages

3 months ago

And just for the most recent change:

On September 14, 2020, CenturyLink, Inc announced that it had changed its name to Lumen Technologies, Inc. Effective with the opening of the trading day on Sept. 18, 2020, the company stock ticker changed from CTL to LUMN.

So broken up and over the years those pieces have consolidated into bigger entities. Wonder where exactly their growth is no longer approved.

Former Employee

• 

22.3K Messages

3 months ago

There are now three main companies that form most of the MA BELL besides Lumen acquiring USWest.

Bell Atlantic took over the other NE baby bell NYNEX (1997) and then had a bought out with GTE in 2000 to form Verizon.

Southern Bell over time bought out Pacific Telesis (1997), Ameritech (1999), ATT Corp (2005) then changed SBC to ATT INC, then purchased the last remaining baby bell Bell South in 2006. 2006 was also the start of the 10 year Uverse   Deployments upgrading 57 million addresses off of LEGACY DSL to either ADSL2+ (24 million) and VDSL FTTN (33 million).

EDIT… over the years especially in the 1990s more rural, remote areas where sold off with the three primary purchasers being FairPoint, Frontier and CenturyLink which is why 10% of my zip code (southern and western edges) is CenturyLink.

Frontier purchased several areas from Verizon in 2009 including West Virginia, then purchased SNET (southern New England telephone  (Connecticut) from ATT in 2014, then the GTE assets in California, Florida and Texas from Verizon in 2016.

In essence MA BELL is now SBC dba ATT INC, Frontier, Lumen, Verizon.

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

3 months ago

Southern Bell over time bought out...

That should be Southwestern Bell.  Southern Bell was one of the smaller operating companies owned by BellSouth (in addition to South Central Bell).

Former Employee

• 

22.3K Messages

3 months ago

@JefferMC 

Your are correct sir, my mistake in not reading what I punch 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.