Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
Unbounder's profile

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Jun 23, 2022 7:46 PM

ATT Automatic Port Forwarding?

I am writing an application that needs scalable and automatic port forwarding. Is it possible to open ports through a script on the ATT NVG599 Router? If not, is there a way to open a range of (like 200) ports without having to make each one individually

Accepted Solution

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

28.7K Messages

Il y a 2 d

There's no supported way to run a script on the NVG599.  You can try automation/screen-scraping scripts if you'd like.

As long as the 200 ports are contiguous and will go to 200 contiguous ports, I'm reasonably sure you can enter a range in one operation; I know you can in the other AT&T Gateways.

• 

2 Messages

Il y a 2 d

Thanks! From my readings of what a base host port was, it seemed like it was something that would make my application not work, but it seems like I was understanding incorrectly. If you wouldn't mind explaining or linking an article, what exactly is the base host port and what does it do? Thanks again

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

28.7K Messages

Il y a 2 d

The base host port is the port on the host to which the traffic from the lower end of your range of external ports will be sent.  The host port for the next external port will be one higher than the base host port, and so on.

It's a little confusing because you have a range for the external port, but only the start number for the host port... but there's no need for a range; the number of ports is determined by the external range and the internal ports will start at the base host port and end wherever it needs to such that each external port gets a contiguous host port.

If you don't need the port number adjusted from external to internal, then just make the base host port the same as the first external port.

(edited)

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.